“Pain in the Neck”不只是“脖子痛”!

There is a pain in my neck./I felt painful in my neck.

我的脖子很痛。

If something is a pain in the neck, it is generally something that is very annoying.

如果我们说一些事情让人脖子疼,这些事情主要指的是令人厌恶的事情。

You would rather not deal with whatever is causing you a pain in the neck.

你宁愿不去处理这些事情,它们常常使你感到头疼。

Conversation(对话举例)

------------------------------------------

A: Hey, welcome back! How was your trip?

嗨!欢迎回家!这次旅途怎么样?

B: It was great...until I missed my flight home.

非常棒……但是我误了回家的航班。

A: Missed your flight? How did you get back home?

误了航班?那你是怎么回家的?

B: First, I took a 12-hour bus ride.

我先乘坐了12小时的公共汽车,

Then, I took a train the rest of the way. It was a major pain in the neck.

之后换乘火车。这是旅途中最令人不爽的事情。

A: Wow, and you came straight to work!

哇!那你就直接上班了!

切记:

如果你想加入有外国人、大学生的微信群(英语角)练口语,关注微信公众号“竖起耳朵听”即可加入,那里会美音、伦敦腔、印度腔的小伙伴都有。

你可能感兴趣的:(“Pain in the Neck”不只是“脖子痛”!)