《Friends》S01E01 老友记英语学习笔记5:那不是真正的约会

​[Scene: Monica's Apartment, Rachel is making coffee for Joey and Chandler.]

-Rachel: Isn't this amazing? I mean, I have never made coffee before in my entire life.

是不是很不可思议?我以前可从来没冲过咖啡。

-Chandler: That is amazing.

是吧可思议

-Joey: Congratulations.

恭喜你

-Rachel: You know, I figure if I can make coffee, there isn't anything I can't do.

我以为如果我能冲咖啡,我就什么都可以做了。

-Chandler: If can invade Poland, there isn't anything I can't do.

我认为应该是“如果我能入侵波兰,我就什么都可以做了”

-Joey: Listen, while you're on a roll, if you feel like you gotta make like a Western omelet or something...

你现在正进入角色,有没有想做个蛋卷之类的东西….

(Joey and Chandler taste the coffee, grimace, and pour it into a plant pot.)

-Although actually I'm really not that hungry...

不过,我还不太饿

-Monica: (entering, to herself) Oh good, Lenny and Squigy are here.

真不赖,Lenny 和 Squigy 在这里

-All: Morning. Good morning.

早上好

-Paul: (entering from Monica's room) Morning.

早上好

-Joey: Morning, Paul.

早上好,Paul

-Rachel: Hello, Paul.

你好,Paul

-Chandler: Hi, Paul, is it?

嘿,Paul, 对吗?

(Monica and Paul walk to the door and talk in a low voice so the others can't hear. The others move Monica's table closer to the door so that they can.)

-Paul: Thank you! Thank you so much!

谢谢你!太感谢你了!

-Monica: Stop!

不要这样

-Paul: No, I'm telling you last night was like umm, all my birthdays, both graduations, plus the barn raising scene in Witness.

不,我要告诉你,昨晚我就好像….我所有的生日..毕业典礼..外加大厦落成典礼。

-Monica: We'll talk later.

我们待会再谈

-Paul: Yeah. (They kiss) Thank you. (Exits)

好的,谢谢你

-Joey: That wasn't a real date?! What the hell do you do on a real date?

那不是真正的约会?那真正的约会干什么?

-Monica: Shut up, and put my table back.

闭嘴,把我的桌子搬回去

-All: Okayyy! (They do so.)

ok

-Chandler: All right, kids, I gotta get to work. If I don't input those numbers,... it doesn't make much of a difference...

好的,孩子们,我该去工作了。不过我不把那些数字输入….也不会有什么区别

-Rachel: So, like, you guys all have jobs?

你们都有工作吗?

-Monica: Yeah, we all have jobs. See, that's how we buy stuff.

对,我们都有…这样我们才有钱买东西。

-Joey: Yeah, I'm an actor.

对,我是演员

-Rachel: Wow! Would I have seen you in anything?

哇!我有见过你的作品吗?

-Joey: I doubt it. Mostly regional work.

我不认为,大部分是地方性节目。

-Monica: Oh wait, wait, unless you happened to catch the Reruns' production of Pinocchio, at the little theater in the park.

等等,除非你在公园小剧场,看过重排的木偶奇遇记。

-Joey: Look, it was a job all right?

那还是份工作吧?

-Chandler: 'Look, Gippetto, I'm a real live boy.'

‘瞧,Gippetto, 我是个真正的小男孩’

-Joey: I will not take this abuse. (Walks to the door and opens it to leave.)

别这样羞辱我

-Chandler: You're right, I'm sorry. (Burst into song and dances out of the door.) "Once I was a wooden boy, a little wooden boy..."

你是对的。对不起。“当我还是个小木头人,小木头人…”

-Joey: You should both know, that he's a dead man. Oh, Chandler? (Starts after Chandler.)

你们该知道,他快死了。噢,Chandler?

-Monica: So how you doing today? Did you sleep okay? Talk to Barry? I can't stop smiling.

你今天怎么样?睡得好吗?和Barry谈过吗?我笑个不停。

-Rachel: I can see that. You look like you slept with a hanger in your mouth.

看得出来,你就好像睡觉时,有个衣架在你嘴里

-Monica: I know, he's just so, so... Do you remember you and Tony DeMarco?

我知道,他只是太….你还记得你和Tony Demarco吗?

-Rachel: Oh, yeah.

是的,记得

-Monica: Well, it's like that. With feelings.

就好像那样….的感觉

-Rachel: Oh wow. Are you in trouble.

哇,你有麻烦了。

-Monica: Big time!

没错

-Rachel: Want a wedding dress? Hardly used.

想要婚纱吗?几乎没用过

-Monica: I think we are getting a little ahead of selves here.

我想我们谈的远了点,

Okay. Okay. I am just going to get up, go to work and not think about him all day.

好啦,我要站起来,去工作了,而且不整天想着他。

Or else I'm just gonna get up and go to work.

或者只是站起来工作

-Rachel: Oh, look, wish me luck!

那么,祝我好运

-Monica: What for?

为什么?

-Rachel: I'm gonna go get one of those (Thinks) job things.

我要去找那个工作的什么东西

(Monica exits.)

[Scene: Iridium, Monica is working as Frannie enters.]

-Frannie: Hey, Monica!

嘿,Monica!

-Monica: Hey Frannie, welcome back! How was Florida?

嘿,Frannie, 欢迎回来!佛罗里达怎么样?

-Frannie: You had sex, didn't you?

你做爱了,是吗?

-Monica: How do you do that?

你怎么知道的?

-Frannie: Oh, I hate you, I'm pushing my Aunt Roz through Parrot Jungle and you're having sex! So? Who?

我恨你,我在和我的Roz 阿姨穿过鹦鹉丛林,你却在做爱!那么,是和谁?

-Monica: You know Paul?

你认识Paul吗?

-Frannie: Paul the Wine Guy? Oh yeah, I know Paul.

Paul,调酒那个?是呀,我认识Paul

-Monica: You mean you know Paul like I know Paul?

你认识他就好像我认识他一样?

-Frannie: Are you kidding? I take credit for Paul. You know before me, there was no snap in his turtle for two years.

开玩笑吧?Paul还欠我人情呢?在我之前,他两年都没办法过性生活

-Joey: (sitting on the arm of the couch) Of course it was a lie!

当然那是个谎言

-Monica: Why?! Why? Why, why would anybody do something like that?

为什么?为什么有人会做这样的事情?

-Ross: I assume we're looking for an answer more sophisticated than 'to get you into bed'.

我想更复杂的答案是“和你上床”

-Monica: I hate men! I hate men!

我恨男人,我恨男人

-Phoebe: Oh no, don't hate, you don't want to put that out into the universe.

不,不要这样,你还不会希望把他们赶出宇宙的

-Monica: Is it me? Is it like I have some sort of beacon that only dogs and men with severe emotional problems can hear?

是因为我吗?是因为我有某种导向类的东西,只有狗,有感情问题的男人才会发觉?

-Phoebe: All right, come here, give me your feet. (She starts massaging them.)

好啦,过来这里,把你的脚给我

-Monica: I just thought he was nice, you know?

我只是以为他是个好人

-Joey: (bursts out laughing again) I can't believe you didn't know it was a lie!

我真不敢相信,你不知道那是个谎言

(Monica pushes him off of the sofa as Rachel enters with a shopping bag.)

-Rachel: Guess what?

猜猜怎么样?

-Ross: You got a job?

你得到工作啦

-Rachel: Are you kidding? I'm trained for nothing! I was laughed out of twelve interviews today.

开玩笑吗?我一点经验都没有!我今天被十二个招聘的嘲笑

-Chandler: And yet you're surprisingly upbeat.

而且你还这么高兴

-Rachel: You would be too if you found John and David boots on sale, fifty percent off!

你也会高兴的如果你发现 John和David牌的皮靴打五折

-Chandler: Oh, how well you know me...

是呀,你多了解我….

-Rachel: They're my new 'I don't need a job, I don't need my parents, I've got great boots' boots!

这就是我的新皮靴,我不需要工作,我不需要父母,我有我的新皮靴

-Monica: How'd you pay for them?

你用什么付账的?

-Rachel: Uh, credit card.

恩,信用卡

-Monica: And who pays for that?

那谁付账单呢?

-Rachel: Um... my... father.

恩…我…爸爸

#讲解#

amazing: 令人惊异的

entire life: 一生

on a roll: 手气、运气好

Western omelet: 西式煎蛋卷

taste: 品尝

grimace: 痛苦的表情

Thomas made a grimace after he had tasted the wine.

汤玛斯尝了那葡萄酒后做了个鬼脸。

An odd grimace crosses her mouth and vanishes.

她的嘴角掠过一丝奇怪的表情,转眼就消失了。

pour: 倒,倾泻

pot: 罐

invade: 入侵

When did the Romans invade Britain?

古罗马人是何时侵略英国的?

The cancer cells may invade other parts of the body.

癌细胞可能侵袭身体的其他部分。

enter: 走进

graduation: 毕业

barn: 空荡荡的大建筑

scene: 场景

witness: 目击

input: 输入

doubt: 怀疑

mostly: 大多数

regional: 地区的

Close analysis of sales figures shows clear regional variations.

对销售额的仔细分析显示出明显的地区差别。

More power is to be devolved to regional government.

要将更多的权力交给地方政府。

abuse: 侮辱

The boy's breaking of window glasses caused a hail of abuse.

这个男孩打碎了窗户玻璃,招致了一阵恶骂。

I didn't expect him to descend to personal abuse.

我没料到他会堕落到对我进行人身攻击的地步。

She attacked him with a torrent of abuse.

她用连珠炮似的谩骂来攻击他。

burst into: 闯入,突然发作

wooden: 木制的

happen to: 发生(碰巧,正巧,偶然)

production: 作品

Pinocchio: 木偶奇遇记

theater: 戏院,电影院

hanger: 挂钩

big time: 欢乐的时刻

He certainly had a big time at the club last night.

他昨晚在俱乐部里肯定过得挺痛快。

wedding dress: 婚纱

hardly: 几乎不

Hardly anybody came.

几乎没有人来。

He could hardly refrain himself.

他几乎不能自制。

The desert air contains hardly any moisture.

沙漠的空气几乎不含一点湿气。

ahead of: 在…前面

A still better tomorrow lies ahead of you.

展现在你们前面的是更加美好的未来。

He will be ahead of others in English.

他在英语方面将超过别人。

A punctual person always finishes everything ahead of time.

一个守时的人总是把事情提前做好。

or else: 否则,要不然

Stop smoking now, or else your health will be ruined.

别再抽烟了,否则你会毁了自己的健康。

It was200 pounds I asked for. You sent only100. the other hundred had better arrive tomorrow or else.

我要的是200英镑,可你只寄来100。那另100英镑明天最好能寄来,要不然会给你好看的。

take credit for: 因...而得到好评

No one person can take credit for the invention of writing.

没有一个人可以说是他单独发明了写字。

snap: [口语] 劲头,活力

turtle: 海龟

arm: 扶手

couch: 沙发

lie: 骗人的话

assume: 设想

Let's assume it to be true.

让我们假定这是真的。

We assume his guilt.

我们假定他是有罪的。

sophisticated: 复杂

universe: 宇宙

sort of: 有几分地

beacon: 灯塔,信号台

severe: 严重的

He's suffering from severe mental disorder.

他患有严重的精神病。

A severe storm turned the small village down to ground.

一场剧烈的风暴把小村夷为平地。

She received severe head injuries in the accident.

她在事故中头部受了重伤。

emotional: 感情的

The conference came to a close with an emotional speech.

会议在有感情的演讲词中结束。

I hope her emotional wound will heal with the passing of time.

我希望她感情上的创伤能随时间的流逝而治愈。

His emotional language reduced many of the audience to tears.

他满怀感情的话语使许多观众流下眼泪。

massage: 按摩

burst out: 突然...起来

push off: 推开

sofa: 沙发

train: 培训

interview: 面试

surprisingly: 惊人地

upbeat: 乐观的

The presentation ended on an upbeat note.

展示简报以乐观的语调结束。

The doctor should keep the conversations with the patient as upbeat as possible.

医生应该用尽可能乐观的言辞与病人交流。

boot: 靴子

on sale: 廉价出售

percent: 百分数

你可能感兴趣的:(《Friends》S01E01 老友记英语学习笔记5:那不是真正的约会)