Cooking for Good Friends 亲自下厨招待好朋友

Albert invited his friends to have dinner at his place. Alice has just arrived.

艾尔伯特邀请他的朋友到他家吃饭。艾丽斯刚到。


Alice & Albert

Alice: Albert校友及好朋友,在一家英语培训机构任职

Albert: 男主,跨国公司程序员

Albert: Welcome,Alice! Come on in!

艾尔伯特: 欢迎, 爱丽丝! 进来吧!

Alice: Thanks! Am I the first one who arrived?

艾丽斯: 谢谢! 我是第一个到的吗?

Albert: Yeah,Jeremy just called me and said he and Anna would be a little late.

艾尔伯特: 是的,杰里米刚刚打电话给我,说他和安娜会晚一点到。

Alice: I see. Here,I brought you a bottle of good wine!

艾丽斯: 我明白了。来,我给你带了一瓶好酒!

Albert: That's very sweet of you.

艾尔伯特: 你真是太好了。

Alice: Um...what are you cooking on the stove? It smells appetizing!

艾丽斯: 嗯…你在炉子上煮什么?它闻起来开胃!

Albert: That must be the braised pork chops. It's almost ready. Have a taste!

艾尔伯特: 那一定是红烧猪排。几乎可以吃了。尝一尝!

Alice: Um...a bit light. I think it needs more seasoning.

艾丽斯: 嗯…有一点清淡。我认为它需要更多的调味料。

Albert: Alright. I'll add more salt and soy sauce into the food.

艾尔伯特: 好的。我要在食物里多加些盐和酱油。

Alice: Is there anything else I can help you with? But I have to warn you. I'm not a good cook.

艾丽斯: 还有什么我可以帮你的吗?但我得提醒你。我不是个好厨师。

Albert: Haha! Got it. Can you help me slice the potatoes? The knife is really sharp,so be careful.

艾尔伯特: 哈哈! 明白了。你能帮我把土豆切片吗?这把刀真的很锋利,所以要小心。

Alice: Don't worry. I'm quite good at dealing with potatoes. After all,I make mashed potatoes all the time.

艾丽斯: 别担心。我很擅长处理土豆。毕竟,我一直在做土豆泥。

Albert: Haha! I'm counting on you then! Here,have another taste of the pork chops. Is it better now?

艾尔伯特: 哈哈! 我就指望你了! 来,再尝尝猪排。现在可以了吗?

Alice: Perfect! You're really an amazing cook!

艾丽斯: 完美! 你真是个了不起的厨师!


本课生词总结

appetizing:adj. 开胃的;促进食欲的

braised:adj. 炖熟的;焖熟的;用文火炖到全熟的

pork:n. 猪肉

chops:n. (猪、羊等)排骨;砍;掌劈;(复数)腭,下巴;商标;动物饲料;碎浪;(非正式)应得的一份

seasoning:n. 调味品;佐料;风干;增添趣味的东西

mashed:adj. 捣碎的;捣烂的;被捣成糊状的

After all:毕竟;终究

count on:指望;依靠

你可能感兴趣的:(Cooking for Good Friends 亲自下厨招待好朋友)