Interacting with Others
与他人互动
To disguise, to change something's appearance,so that it can't be recognized.伪装,改变某物的外表,使其无法被认出。
He wasn't good at disguising himself, so we knew who he was right away.他不擅长伪装自己,所以我们马上就知道他是谁了。
She wore a disguise, so I wasn't sure who she was.她乔装打扮,所以我不知道她是谁。
He fooled everyone into believing in his plan, but it was all a disguise.他骗得每个人都相信他的计划,但那只是个幌子。
She disguised her true intentions so nobody knew what she was planning to do.她掩饰了自己的真实意图,所以没有人知道她打算做什么。
To clarify, to explain, or make something clear.澄清澄清、解释或使某事清楚
We weren't sure what he meant until he clarified his ideas.在他阐明自己的观点之前,我们不确定他是什么意思
Everyone was confused until she clarified what she meant.每个人都很困惑,直到她澄清了她的意思。
His attempt to clarify things only added to the confusion.他试图澄清事情,结果只会使事情更加混乱。
There are still many details that need to be clarified.仍有许多细节需要澄清。
We can’t agree to your proposal unless you clarify a few points.除非你阐明几点,否则我们不能同意你的建议。
To confuse, to make things difficult to understand, the opposite of to clarify.混淆,使事情难以理解,与澄清相反
Everyone was confused because her presentation was so disorganized.每个人都很困惑,因为她的演讲太混乱了。
He confuses people, because he keeps changing his ideas.他不断改变自己的想法,使人们感到困惑。
The instructions were confusing, so nobody knew what to do.说明书很混乱,所以没人知道该怎么办。
After the explosion people were confused and unsure about where to go.爆炸发生后,人们很困惑,不知道该去哪里。
The instructions were confusing, so nobody knew what to do.说明书很混乱,所以没人知道该怎么办。
A good leader can make decisions even when the situation is confusing.一个好的领导者即使在令人困惑的情况下也能做出决定。
To ignore, to try not to notice or deal with something,to act as something isn't there.忽视,试着不去注意或处理某件事,假装某事不存在。
We try to ignore her, but she finally stood up and told everyone to shut up.我们试着不理睬她,但她终于站了起来,叫大家闭嘴。
People don't respect or like her,so they ignore her in the office.人们不尊重或不喜欢她,所以他们在办公室里不理她。
He is an ignorant old fool, so we should just ignore him.他是个无知的老傻瓜,所以我们应该无视他。
We are ignorant because we are ignoring the facts.我们无知是因为我们忽视了事实。
We can’t ignore the fact that we are losing money.我们不能忽视我们正在赔钱的事实。
To confirm, to indicate that something is correct or completed as expected.确认,表明某件事如预期的那样已经完成。
We weren't sure he was going to accept our offer, until he called and confirmed it.我们不确定他是否会接受我们的提议,直到他打电话来确认。
We can't start the project without a written confirmation that we agree on the details.如果没有就细节达成一致的书面确认,我们就不能开始这个项目。
We won’t sign the contract until we receive confirmation that they have made the first payment.在我们收到他们已经支付了第一笔款项的确认之前,我们不会签署合同
There are still many details that need to be clarified.仍有许多细节需要澄清。
He denied being there, but we have witnesses who can confirm that he was there.他否认在那里,但我们有目击者能证实他在那里。
We can’t afford to make a mistake, so we need to confirm the facts.我们不能犯错误,所以我们需要证实事实。
can you confirm that the payment has been received?你能确认已经收到付款吗?