译| 泰戈尔-《飞鸟集》 节选201-210

201. The wasp thinks that the honey-hive of the neighbouring bees is too small.

His neighbours ask him to build one still smaller.

黄蜂以为邻居的蜂巢太小了。

没想到的是,邻居希望筑造一个更小的家。

202. “I cannot keep your waves,” says the bank to the river.

“Let me keep your footprints in my heart.”

河堤对河流说:“我无法留住你,就让你的足迹流淌在我的心怀吧。”

203. The day, with the noise of this little earth, drowns the silence of all worlds.

白昼里的小小喧嚣,淹没了整个世界的沉默。

204. The song feels the infinite in the air, the picture in the earth, the poem in the air and the earth;

For its words have meaning that walks and music that soars.

歌声在天空中是无限的,画作在大地上也是无限的,而诗在哪儿都是无限的。

在诗里,每个汉字都在跳动。每个音符都在驰骋。

205. When the sun goes down to the West, the East of his morning stands before him in silence.

当太阳沉入西边,东方之晨已安静地伫立在他面前。

206. Let me not put myself wrongly to my world and set it against me.

请不要在我的世界里了错放我自己,使世界与我对立。

207. Praise shames me, for I secretly beg for it.

内心渴求的赞美让我羞愧。

208. Let my doing nothing when I have nothing to do become untroubled in its depth of peace like the evening in the seashore when the water is silent.

让我无事可做的时候什么也不做,不受打扰地沉入宁静的深处,一如海边静谧的夜晚。

209. Maiden, your simplicity, like the blueness of the lake, reveals your depth of truth.

少女啊,你的单纯,有如蔚蓝的湖水,映照出真理的深邃。

210. The best does not come alone.

It comes with the company of the all.

最好的不会独自而来,

它将带着所有归来。

你可能感兴趣的:(译| 泰戈尔-《飞鸟集》 节选201-210)