学译《飞鸟集》

从去年9月23日至今晚,共计花了五个多月的业余时间,以自己的理解学着翻译了《飞鸟集》,全文如下:

1.Stray birds of summer come to my window to sing and fly away.

And yellow leaves of autumn, which have no songs, flutter and fall there with a sign.

夏天迷途的鸟儿飞到我的窗前,唱着歌儿,又飞远了。

而秋天的黄叶,却无歌可唱,飘动着,叹息一声,落在那里了。

2.O  troupe of little vagrants of the world, leave your footprints in my words.

世间一队小小的流浪的人啦,请把你们的足迹留在我的字里行间。

3.The world puts off its mask of vastness to its lover.It becomes small as one song,as one kiss of the eternal.

世界在爱人前揭开自己浩瀚的面具。它变得小小的,象一首歌,象一个永恒的吻。

4.It is the tears of the earth that keep her smiles in bloom.

这是大地的泪珠,让她的微笑永远绽放。

5.The mighty desert is burning for the love of a blade of grass who shakes her head and laughs and flies away.

浩渺的沙漠为一片草叶燃起熊熊爱火。她摇了摇头,笑笑就飞远了。

6.If you shed tears when you miss the sun,  you also miss the stars.

如果你为失去太阳而流泪,你也会失去群星。

7.The sands in your way beg for your song and your movement, dancing water. will you carry the burden of their lameness?

舞动的流水啊,随流途中的沙砾求你歌唱,求你流动。你会挟跛足的泥沙俱下么?

8.Her wistful face haunts my dreams like the rain at night.

她留恋的面容象夜雨似的,萦绕在我的梦中。

9.Once we dreamt that we were strangers. We wake up to find that we were dear to each other.

在梦中我们曾相见不相识。梦醒后方知彼此相亲又相爱。

10.Sorrow is hushed into peace in my heart like the evening among the silent trees.

忧郁在我的心里平静,就如夜色漫入寂静的山林。

11.Some unseen fingers, like an idle breeeze,are playing upon my heart the music of the ripples.

一些看不见的手指,象慵懒的微风,正在我的心上奏着涟漪般的曲乐。

12.“What language is thine, O sea?                The language of eternal question.  What language is thy answer, O sky? The language of eternal silence.”

“海水啊,你说的是什么?”                                “永恒的疑问。”                                                  “天空呀,你回答的是什么?”                              “永恒的沉默。”

13.Listen,my heart, to the whispers of the world with which it makes love to you.

听啊,我的心,听那世界的低语,那是它向你表白爱意啊。

14.The mystery of creation is like the darkness of night-it is great.Delusions of knowledge are like the fog of the morning.

创造的神秘就象夜晚的黑暗,它是伟大的。而知识的幻影如同晨间的雾霭。

15.Do not seat your love upon a precipice because it is high.

不要把你的爱置于峭壁之上,因为它太高。

16.I sit at my window this morning where the world like a passer-by stops for a moment, nods to me and goes.

今早我驻坐窗前,其时世界如同路人般驻足片刻,朝我点了点头,走过了。

17.These little thoughts are the rustle of leaves;they have their whisper of joy in my mind.

这些细细的思愫是叶片儿的籁籁声;它们把细语的欢乐留驻在我心间。

18.What you are you do not see, what you see  is your shadow.

你看不到你自己,你只看到你的影子。

19.My wishes are fools, they shout across thy song, my Master. Let me but listen.

神啊,我的那些愿望愚蠢啊,它们在你的歌唱中喧叫。让我静听吧。

20.I cannot choose the best.The best chooses me.

我不能选择最好的。最好的选择了我。

21.They throw their shadows before them who carry their lantern on their back.

他们把灯笼背在背上,把自己影子投在身前。

22.That I exist is a perpetual surprise which is life.

我的存在是个永久的神奇,这就是生活。

23.“We, the rustling leaves, have a voice that answers the storms, but who are you so silent? ” “I am a mere flower.”

“我们窸窸窣窣的树叶都发声回答风暴,而你是谁,竟如此沉默?” “我只是一朵花而已。”

24.Rest belongs to the work as the eyelids to  the eyes.

休息对于工作就如眼睑对于眼晴一般。

25.Man is a born child, his power is the power of growth.

人是一个初生的孩子,他的力量就是生长的力量。

26.God expects answers for the flowers he sends us,not for the sun and the earth.

上帝期盼我们的酬答,在于他送给我们的花,而不是送我们的太阳和大地。

27.The light that plays,like a naked child, among the green leaves happily knows not that man can lie.

光明象一个赤裸的孩子,快乐地在绿叶间玩耍,它不知道人间的斯诈。

28.O Beauty,find thyself in love ,not in the flattery of thy mirror .

哦,美在爱中找寻自己吧,不要在镜子的谄媚中寻找了。

29.My heart beats her waves at the shore of the world and writes upon it her signature  in tears with the words,“I love thee.”

我的心把她的海浪在世界的海岸边冲撞着,用眼泪在上面写着她的签名:“我爱你。”

30.“Moon,for what do you wait?”

“To salute the sun for whom I must make way.”

“月亮啊,你在等谁?”

“在向我必将让位的太阳致敬。”

31.The trees come up to my window like the yearning voice of the dumb earth.

树木长到我的窗前,就象暗哑的大地发出热切渴望的声音。

32.His own mornings are new surprises to God.

神的清晨对于自己也是新奇的。

33.Life finds its wealth by the claims of the world,and its worth by the claims of love.

生命从世界得到财富,从爱情找到价值。

34.The dry river-bed finds no thanks for its past.

干涸的河床不感谢它的过去。

35.The bird wishes it were a cloud.The cloud wishes it were a bird.

鸟希望成为一朵云。

云希望变为一只鸟。

36.The waterfall sings,“I find my song,when I find my freedom.”

瀑布歌唱着,“当我找到我的自由时,我就找到我的歌了。”

37.I cannot tell why this heart languishes in silence.It is for small needs it never asks, or knows or remembers.

我不能说出为什么这心沉默地颓丧着。

它是为曾未索求、曾未明了、曾未记住的小小需要。

38.Woman, when you move about in your  household service your limbs sing like a hill stream among its pebbles.

女人,当你在你的主妇服务中来回穿梭时,你的肢体象一条山泉在卵石间流淌般歌唱。

39.The sun goes to cross the western sea, leaving its last salutation to the East.

太阳穿过西边的海洋,向东方致以最后的敬礼。

40.Do not blame your food because you have no appetite.

不要指责你的食物因为你没有胃口。

41.The trees, like the longings of the earth, stand a tiptoe to peep at the heaven.

树木,象地球的热望一样,踮起脚尖窥视天堂。

42.You smiled and talked to me of nothing and I felt that for this I had been waiting long.

你笑着,没有对我说我一直等待的话。

43.The fish in the water is silent, the animal on the earth is noisy, the bird in the air is singing.But Man has in him the silence of the sea, the noise of the earth and the music of the air.

水中的鱼沉寂,地上的动物喧闹,空中的鸟儿歌唱。但人陷在沉默的海洋中,地上的喧闹中,空中的音乐里。

44.The world rushes on over the strings of the lingering heart making the music of sadness.

世界冲向悠悠的心弦,奏起悲伤之曲。

45.He has made his weapons his gods. When his weapons win he is defeated himself.

他把他的武器当作神,当他的武器获胜他就打败了自己。

46.God finds himself by creating.

上帝在创造中找到自己。

47.Shadow, with her veil drawn, follows Light  in secret meekness, with her silent steps of love.

影子,拖着她的面纱,默默柔顺地用她那爱的沉默步子跟随光。

48.The stars are not afraid to appear like  fireflies.

星星不怕象萤火虫般出现。

49.I thank thee that I am none of the wheels of power but I am one with the living  creatures that are crushed by it.

我谢谢你们我不是权力的车轮,但是我是被它粉碎的生物。

50.The mind, sharp but not broad, sticks at every point but does not move.

这思维尖刻但不宽阔,坚持每个要点也不移动。

51.Your idol is shattered in the dust to  prove that  God's dust is greater than your idol.

你的偶像散碎于尘土之中。这可证明神明的尘土比你的偶像更伟大。

52.Man does not reveal himself  in his  history, he struggles up through it.

人不在他的历史中展示自己,他在历史中奋力挣斗而展露头角。

53.While the glass lamp rebukes  the  earthen for calling it cousin ,the moon  rises,and the glass lamp, with a bland  smile, calls her,“My dear, dear sister.”

玻璃灯责怪瓦灯叫他堂兄,当明月升起来时,他带着柔和的微笑,叫着明月:“我亲爱的,亲爱的姐姐。”

54.Like the meeting of the seagulls and the waves we meet and come near.The seagulls fly off,the waves roll away and we depart.

我们象海鸥与波浪相遇一样,相遇了,靠近了。海鸥飞远,波浪翻滚而去,我们也分别了。

55.My day is done,and I am like a boat drawn on the beach,listening to the dance--music of the tide in the evening.

我的白天已经过去,我象一只搁浅在岸边的小船,聆听晚汐跳舞的乐声。


56 .Life is given to us, we earn it by giving it.

我们被给予生命,我们以付出它来赢得它。

57.We come nearest to the great when we are great in humility.

当我们大力谦卑时,我们离伟大最近。

58 .The sparrow is sorry for the peacock at the burden of its tail.

麻雀为孔雀承受着翎尾之重而生憾。

59 .Never be afraid of the moments--thus sings the voice of the everlasting.

永远不要害怕刹那,永恒之声如此吟唱着。

60. The hurricane seeks the shortest road by the no-road, and suddenly ends

its search in the Nowhere.

飓风在无路之中寻找捷径,又突然在无处中结束了它的搜寻。

61.Take my wine in my own cup, friend.

It loses its wreath of foam when poured into that of others.

朋友,在我的杯中喝了我的酒吧。当倒入他人的杯子时,这酒将失去泡沫的花冠。

62.The Perfect decks itself in beauty for the love of the Imperfect.

完美为得到不完美的爱而美美装扮自己。

63.God says to man,"I heal you therefore I hurt, love you therefore punish."

神对人说:“我治愈你因此伤害你,我爱你所以惩罚你。”

64.Thank the flame for its light, but do not forget the lampholder standing in the shade with constancy of patience.

感谢火焰给的光明,但不要忘记灯座坚忍地站在黑暗阴影中。

65.Tiny grass, your steps are small, but you possess the earth under your tread.

小草啊,你的步子也小,但是你拥有足下的土地。

66.The infant flower opens its bud and cries,

"Dear World, please do not fade."

幼花绽放它的花蕾,呼喊道:“亲爱的世界啊,请不要萎谢。”

67.God grows weary of great kingdoms, but never of little flowers.

上帝对于那些大国会心生倦怠,但从不会厌倦小小的花朵。

68.Wrong cannot afford defeat but Right can.

错误不能承担失败,但真理能。

69."I give my whole water in joy," sings the waterfall,

"though little of it is enough for the thirsty."

“我快乐地给予我的全部水。”瀑布说。

“尽管渴者只要少许的水就够了。”

70.Where is the fountain that throws up these flowers in a ceaseless outbreak of ecstasy?

把它的那些花朵带着不停息的狂喜抛掷上去的喷泉的源头在哪里?

71.The woodcutter’s axe begged for its handle from the tree.

The tree gave it.

伐木人的斧头向树乞求它的斧柄。树给了它。

72.In my solitude of heart I feel the sigh of this widowed evening veiled with mist and rain.

在我心的孤独中,我感到寡居的夜晚在雨雾掩蔽下发出叹息。

73.Chastity is a wealth that comes from abundance of love.

贞操是一项财富,它来自于爱的富有。

74.The mist, like love, plays upon the heart of the hills and brings out surprises of beauty.

这薄雾,象爱一样在山之心上玩耍,带来种种美丽惊喜。

75.We read the world wrong and say that it deceives us.

我们读错这个世界,反说它欺骗我们。

76.The poet wind is out over the sea and the forest to seek his own voice.

风的诗人吹过海洋和森林来寻找他自己的声音。

77.Every child comes with the message that God is not yet discouraged of man.

每一个孩子出生时都带来讯息:“神并未对人失望。”

78.The grass seeks her crowd in the earth.The tree seeks his solitude of the sky.

绿草寻求她地球上的邻众。大树寻求他天空的寂寞。

79.Man barricades against himself.

人往往树起他自己的藩篱。

80.Your voice, my friend, wanders in my heart, like the muffled sound of the sea among these listening pines.

你的声音,我的朋友,萦绕于我的心中,就象这些海水的声吟缭绕于静听的松林之间。

81.What is this unseen flame of darkness whose sparks are the stars?

这个不可见的黑暗之火焰,以繁星为火花,究竟是什么呢?

82.Let life be beautiful like summer flowers and death like autumn leaves.

使生如夏花之绚烂,死如秋叶之静美。

83.He who wants to do good knocks at the gate; he who loves finds the gate open.

那想做好人的,在门外敲着门;那爱人的,发现门是敞开着的。

84.In death the many becomes one;in life the one becomes many.Religion will be one when God is dead.

在死时,众多合而为一;在生时,一分为多。上帝死时,宗教便合而为一。

85.The artist is the lover of Nature,therefore he is her slave and her master.

艺术家是自然的爱人,因而他是自然的奴隶,也是自然的主人。

86."How far are you from me, O Fruit?"

"I am hidden in your heart, O Flower."

“你离我多远呢,果实呀?”

“我藏在你心里呢,花呀?”

87.This longing is for the one who is felt in the dark, but not seen in the day.

这个希冀就是为了在黑暗能感觉得到,在白天却看不到的人。

88."You are the big drop of dew under the lotus leaf, I am the smaller one on its upper side," said the dewdrop to the lake.

“你是荷叶下的大露珠,我是荷叶上面的小点儿的露珠,”露珠对湖水说。

89.The scabbard is content to be dull when it protects the keenness of the sword.

剑鞘保护剑的锋利时满足于自己的钝鲁。

90. In darkness the one appears as uniform; in the light the one appears as manifold.

在黑暗中,“一”现为一体,在光明中,“一”现为众多。

91.The great earth makes herself hospitable with the help of the grass.

浩瀚的大地借助于绿草来显出她的好客。

92.The birth and death of the leaves are the rapid whirls of the eddy whose wider circles move slowly among stars.

叶之生死是旋流的急剧旋转。更广大的旋转是群星中的缓慢移动。             

93.Power said to the world, "you are mine."The world kept it prisoner on her throne.Love said to the world, "I am thine."The world gave it the freedom of her house.

权势对世界说:“你是我的。”世界就把权势囚禁在她的宝座下。爱对世界说:“我是你的。”世界则让爱在她的屋内来去自由。

94.The mist is like the earth's desire.It hides the sun for whom she cries.

雾就象地球的愿望,它为呼求太阳而掩藏了它。

95. Be still, my heart, these great trees are prayers.

安静下来吧,我的心,这些大树都是祈祷者啊!

96. The noise of the moment scoffs at the music of the eternal.

瞬间的暄闹嘲笑着永恒的乐声。

97.I think of other ages that floated upon the stream of life and love and death and are forgotten, and I feel the freedom of passing away.

我想起那些漂浮在生与爱与死的潮流上的别的时代,以及被遗忘的这些时代,我感到了溘然长逝之自由。

98.The sadness of my soul is her bride's veil.It waits to be lifted in the night.

我灵魂之忧郁是她新娘的面纱,正等候在夜晚被揭去。

99.Death's stamp gives value to the coin of life; making it possible to buy with life what is truly precious.

死的印记给生的钱币以价值;使它能用生命来购买真正的宝物。

100. The cloud stood humbly in a corner of the sky.The morning crowned it with splendour.

云谦卑地站在天空的一角。清晨给它冠以霞彩。

101.The dust receives insult and in return offers her flowers.

尘土承受侮辱,却回报以花朵。

102.Do not linger to gather flowers to keep them, but walk on,for flowers will keep themselves blooming all your way.

不要逗留来采集花朵以保存,只管走过去,因为花朵在你的沿途自会继续开放。

103.Roots are the branches down in the earth.Branches are roots in the air.

根是地下的枝,枝是空中的根。

104.The music of the far-away summer flutters around the autumn seeking its former nest.

远去的夏天的音乐飘翔于秋间,寻找它的旧垒。

105.Do not insult your friend by lending him merits from your own pocket.

不要从你自己的口袋中掏出荣誉来借给你的朋友,那是污辱他。

106.The touch of the nameless days clings to my heart like mosses round the old tree.

这无名日子的感触攀附在我的心上,就象是攀附于老树周身的苔藓。

107.The echo mocks her origin to prove she is the original.

回声嘲笑她的原声来证明她是原声。

108.God is ashamed when the prosperous boasts of his special favour.

当富人夸说神灵对他的特别恩惠时,神灵却羞了。

109.I cast my own shadow upon my path, because I have a lamp that has not been lighted.

我将我自己的影子投在我的路上,因为我有一盏没点燃的灯。

110.Man goes into the noisy crowed to drown his own clamour of silence.

人投身于喧闹的民众中去,为的是要淹没他自己的沉默的呼喊。

111.That which ends in exhaustion is death,but the perfect ending is in the endless.

那终止于衰竭的是死亡,但完美的结局是终止于无穷。

112.The sun has his simple robe of light. the clouds are decked with gorgeousness.

太阳穿了一件朴素的光的袍服,而云朵却装扮得光彩照人。

113.The hills are like shouts of children who raise their arms, trying to catch stars.

山峦就象孩子们举起他们的双臂奋力捉星星发出的中喧闹声。

114.The road is lonely in its crowd for it is not loved.

路因为不被爱,虽拥挤仍感孤单。

115.The power that boasts of its mischiefs is laughed at by the yellow leaves that fall, and clouds that pass by.

自夸于恶行的权势被掉落的黄叶和过路的云朵所嘲笑。

116.The earth hums to me today in the sun, like a woman at her spinning,some ballad of the ancient time in a forgotten tongue.

今天大地在阳光中向我哼哼,象一个织布的妇人,用一种已被忘却的语言,哼着一些古代的歌谣。

117.The grass-blade is worthy of the great world where it grows.

草叶对于它生长的大地是有价值的。

118.Dream is a wife who must talk,sleep is a husband who silently suffers.

梦是一个必须要谈话的妻子,睡眠是一个默默忍受的丈夫。

119.The night kisses the fading day whispering to his ear, I am death,your mother. I am to give you fresh birth.

夜吻着逝去的白昼,在他的耳边轻声呢喃:“我是死,是你的母亲。我就给你新鲜的生命。”

120.I feel thy beauty, dark night, like that of the loved woman when she has put out the lamp. 

黑夜啊,我感到你的美,就象一个可爱的女人熄灭灯光的时候。                  

121.I carry in my world that flourishes the worlds that have failed.

我把那些已逝去的世界的繁荣带到我的世界里。

122.Dear friend,I feel the silence of your great thoughts of many a deepening eventide on this beach when I listen to these waves.

亲爱的朋友,当我听到这些波浪声,我已多次在这个海滩上的暮色昏沉的黄昏里,感到你伟大思想的沉默。

123.The bird thinks it is an act of kindness to give the fish a life in the air.

鸟儿认为它在空中给鱼儿以生命是一种善意的举动。

124.“In the moon thou sendest thy love letters to me,”said the night to the sun.

“I leave my answers in tears upon the grass.”

夜晚对太阳说:“在月亮中,你送了情书给我。”“我已在绿草上留下我眼泪中的回答了。”

125.The great is a born child; when he dies he gives his great childhood to the world.

伟人是一个天生的孩童,当他死去时,他将他伟大的童年给回了世界。

126.Not hammer-strokes, but dance of the water sings the pebbles into perfection.

不是锤子的击打,而是水的舞蹈唱着歌儿让鹅卵石臻于完美。

127.Bees sip honey from flowers and hum their thanks when they leave.

The gaudy butterfly is sure that the flowers owe thanks to him.

蜜蜂吮吸着花蜜,离开时嗡嗡地哼唱着向花朵致谢。

俗艳的蝴蝶却相信花朵们应该向它道谢。

128.To be outspoken is easy when you do not wait to speak the complete truth.

当你不准备说出完全的真理时,直言不讳是很容易的。

129.Asks the possible to the impossible,“where is your dwelling-place?”“In the dreams of the impotent,” comes the answer.

“可能”问“不可能”,“你住在哪儿呢?”它回答道:“在无能者的梦境里。”

130.If you shut your door to all errors truth will be shut out.

如果你把所有的错误关在门外,真理也将被关在门外。

131.I hear some rustle of things behind my sadness of heart,---I cannot see them.

我听见有些东西在我心的忧郁之后窸窸窣窣作响,我不能看见它们。

132.leisure in its activity is work.The stillness of the sea stirs in waves.

闲暇在动作时就是工作。静止的海水动荡时便成波涛。

133.The leaf becomes flower when it loves.The flower becomes fruit when it worships.

叶子爱时便成花。花崇敬时便成果。

134.The roots below the earth claim no rewards for making the branches fruitful.

埋在地下的根使树枝果实累累,却什么都不索求。

135.This rainy evening the wind is restless.I look at the swaying branches and ponder over the greatness of all things.

下雨的夜晚风无休止地刮,我看着摇曳的树枝,思念着万物的伟大。

136.Storm of midnight, like a giant child awakened in the untimely dark,has begun to play and shout.

午夜的风暴,如一个巨大的孩子,在过早的黑夜中醒来,开始玩耍和喧闹。

137.Thou raisest thy waves vainly to follow thy lover, o sea, thou lonely bride of the storm.

海呀,你这风暴的孤独的新娘啊,你翻起波浪追随你的爱人,但是无用呀。

138.“I am ashamed of my emptiness,” said the word to the work.

“I know how poor i am when I see you,” said the work to the word.

文字对工作说:“我羞愧于我的虚无。”工作对文字说:“当我看见你时,我明白我是贫乏的。”

139.Time is the wealth of change, but the clock in its parody makes it mere change and no wealth.,

时间是变化的财富,时钟滑稽地模仿它,却只有变化而没有财富。

140.Truth in her dress finds facts too tight.In fiction she moves with ease.

真理穿了衣服,发现事实上太紧。在想像中,她自由地转动。

141.When I travelled to here and to there, I was tired of thee, o road,but now when thou leadest me to everywhere i am wedded to thee in love.

当我到这儿那儿去旅行时,路呀,我厌倦你了,但现在你指引我到各处去时,我爱上了你,并与你结婚了。

142.Let me think that there is one among those stars that guides my life through the dark unknown.

让我想想,在群星中有一颗引导我通过黑暗未知世界的星星。

143.Woman, with the grace of your fingers you touched my things and order came out like music.

女人,你用你优雅的手指,抚触着我的物什,秩序就如乐声一样地衍生出来了。

144.One sad voice has its nest among the ruins of the years.

It sings to me in the night, ---I loved you.

一个忧郁的声音在岁月的蚀损中筑巢。

它在夜里向我唱道:“我爱你。”

145.The flaming fire warns me off by its own glow.

Save me from the dying embers hidden under ashes.

燃烧的火警告我远离它的熊熊火光。把我从隐藏在灰烬的余火中拯救出来。

146.I have my stars in the sky.

  but oh for my little lamp unlit in my house.

我有群星在天空,但是,哦,在我屋内,我的小灯没有点亮。

147.The dust of the dead words clings to thee.

  Wash thy soul with silence.

这死字的尘土沾着你。用沉默去洗你的灵魂吧。

148.Gaps are left in life through which comes the sad music of death.

生命中留下了许多缝隙,从中传来了死的忧伤音乐。

149.The world has opened its heart of light in the morning.

  Come out, my heart, with thy love to meet it.

清晨,世界打开了它的光之心。出来吧,我的心,带着你的爱去与它相会。

150.My thoughts shimmer with these shimmering leaves and my heart sings with the touch of this sunlight; my life is glad to be floating with all things into the blue of space, into the dark of time.

我的想法与这些闪光的叶子一同闪光,我的心在阳光的抚触下歌唱;我的生命因与万物一起飘浮于太空的蔚蓝中,时光的黑暗中而欢乐。

151.God's great power is in the gentle breeze, not in the storm.

神的巨大威力是在轻柔的微风里,而不是在风暴中。

152.This is a dream in which things are all loose and they oppress.

  I shall find them gathered in thee when I awake and shall be free.

在梦中,事情都松散着,都压制着我。当我醒来时,我将发现他们都聚集在你那里,我就将自由了。

153.“Who is there to take up my duties?” asked the setting sun.

 “I shall do what I can, my master, ”said the earthen lamp.

“谁在那里继续我的职责呢?”落日问道。瓦灯说道:“我要尽我所能地做去,我的主人。”

154.By plucking her petals you do not gather the beauty of the flower.

摘取她的花瓣时,你就得不到花的美丽。

155.Silence will carry your voice like the nest that holds the sleeping birds.

沉默将载着你的声音,就象承载着睡鸟的鸟巢。

156.The great walks with the small without fear.

  The middling keeps aloof.

大的不惧与小的同行。居中的却超然居外。

157.The night opens the flowers in secret and allows the day to get thanks.

夜悄悄地把花儿开放了,却让白天去领受谢意。

158.Power takes as ingratitude the writhings of its victims.

权势认为它的受害者的痛苦打滚是忘恩负义。

159.When we rejoice in our fulness, then we can part with our fruits with joy.

当我们欢庆我们的充实时,我们就快乐地与我们的果实分手了。

160.The raindrops kissed the earth and whispered,“ --- we are thy homesick children, mother, come back to thee from the heaven.”

雨点亲吻着大地,低语道:“我们是思乡的孩子,母亲,现在从天上回到你这儿来了。”

161.The cobweb pretends to catch dewdrops and catches flies.

蛛网假装要捉露珠,却捉住了苍蝇。

162.Love! when you come with the burning lamp of pain in your hand,

  I can see your face and know you as bliss.

爱啊,当你手中携着点燃的痛苦之灯而来时,我能看到你的脸,以你为幸福。

163.“The learned say that your lights will one day be no more,” said the firefly to the stars.

  The stars made no answer.

萤火虫儿对群星说:“学者说你的光总有一天会熄灭的。”群星不予回答。

164.In the dusk of the evening the bird of some early dawn comes to the nest of my silence.

在黄昏的薄霭中,那清晨的鸟儿来到我沉默的巢里。

165.Thoughts pass in my mind like flocks of lucks in the sky.

  I hear the voice of their wings.

思想象飞过空中的野鸭一样掠过我的心中,我听见了它们的振翅之声。

166.The canal loves to think that rivers exist solely to supply it with water.

运河总爱想河流的存在是单单为它供水的。

167.The world has kissed my soul with its pain, asking for its return in songs.

世界痛之以吻,我报之以歌。

168.That which oppresses me, is it my soul trying to come out in the open,

  or the soul of the world knocking at my heart for its entrance?

那压迫我的,是我那要外出的灵魂呢,还是那敲着我的心门要进来的世界之魂呢?

169.Thought feeds itself with its own words and grows.

思想以它自己的文字喂养长大了。

170.I have dipped the vessel of my heart into this silent hour; it has filled with love.

我把我的心之碗浸入这沉默的时光里,而它已坠入爱河。

171.Either you have work or you have not.

  When you have to say, "let us do something", then begins mischief.

抑或你工作,抑或你没有工作,当你不得不说:“让我们做些什么吧,”然后就开始胡闹了。

172.The sunflower blushed to own the nameless flower as her kin.

The sun rose and smiled on it, saying, "are you well, my darling?"

向日葵羞于把无名的花看成它的同胞。

太阳升起来了,微笑着对它说:“你好吗,我的宝贝儿?”

173.“Who drives me forward like fate?”“the myself striding on my back.”

“谁如命运一样驱使我向前进?”那是我自己,在身后大步迈前。”

174.The clouds fill the watercups of the river, hiding themselves in the distant hills.

云倒满河的水杯,自己却躲在远山之中。

175.I spill water from my water jar as i walk on my way,very little remains for my home.

我一路走着一路从我的水壶中漏水,到家时只剩下很少一点。

176.The water in a vessel is sparkling; the water in the sea is dark.

The small truth has words that are clear; the great truth has great silence.

容器中的水是发光的;海中的水是黑色的。小的真理可用文字是说清楚,大的真理只有沉默。

177.Your smile was the flowers of your own fields, your talk was the rustle of your own mountain pines, but your heart was the woman that we all know.

你的微笑是你自己地里的花朵,你的谈吐是你自己山峰上的松林的萧萧声,但你的心是那个女人,她是我们都认识的。

178.It is the little things that I leave behind for my loved ones,

  ---great things are for everyone.

我把小小的东西留给我的爱人,大的东西给每一个人。

179.Woman, thou hast encircled the world’ s heart with the depth of thy tears as the sea has the earth.

女人啊,你用泪海围绕着世界的心,就象大海围绕着大地。

180.The sunshine greets me with a smile.The rain, his sad sister, talks to my heart.

太阳光微笑着向我问好。雨,他忧郁的姐姐,向我的心说话。

181.My flower of the day dropped its petals forgotten.In the evening it ripens into a golden fruit of memory.

我的白昼之花落下了它的忘记的花瓣。在夜晚,它成熟为一只记忆的金果。

182.I am like the road in the night listening to the footfalls of its memories in silence.

我象夜晚的路在默默地聆听它记忆的足音。

183.The evening sky to me is like a window, and a lighted lamp,and a waiting behind it.

黄昏的天空,对我来说,就象一扇窗户,一盏点亮的灯,和灯后的一次等待。

184.He who is too busy doing good finds no time to be good.

太忙于做好事的人往往发现没有时间去做好人。

185.I am the autumn cloud, empty of rain, see my fulness in the field of ripened rice.

我是那秋天的云,内里空空,没有雨水,我却能在成熟的稻田里看见我的充实。

186.They hated and killed and men praised them.But god in shame hastens to hide its memory under the green grass.

他们憎恨,他们残杀,人们反而称赞他们。但是,上帝很羞愧,急匆匆地把它的记忆藏匿在绿草下面。

187.Toes are the fingers that have forsaken their past.

脚趾是他们过去被抛弃的手指。

188.Darkness travels towards light, but blindness towards death.

黑暗向光明旅行,但是盲者却向死亡旅行。

189.The pet dog suspects the universe for scheming to take its place.

宠物狗怀疑宇宙设计谋夺它的位置。

190.Sit still, my heart, do not raise your dust.

Let the world find its way to you.

静静地坐着吧,我的心,不要扬起你的尘土。

让世界自己找到向你走来的路。

191.The bow whispers to the arrow before it speeds forth“--your freedom is mine.”

弓在箭要射出之前,低声对箭说道:“你的自由就是我的自由。”

192.Woman, in your laughter you have the music of the fountain of life.

女人,在你的笑声里有着生命之泉的音乐。

193.A mind all logic is like a knife all blade.

It makes the hand bleed that uses it.

全是理智的心,就如一柄全是锋刃的刀。它让使用它的人手上流血。

194.God loves man's lamp lights better than his own great stars.

  神爱人间的灯光大大甚于爱他自己的大大群星。

195.This world is the world of wild storms kept tame with the music of beauty.

这世界是被美的音乐驯服的狂风暴雨的世界。

196. “My heart is like the golden casket of thy kiss,”said the sunset cloud to the sun.

晚霞向太阳说道:“我的心经了你的接吻,便似金的宝箱了。”

197.By touching you may kill, by keeping away you may possess.

  接触着你,你也许会杀害;远离着你,你也许会占有。

198.The cricket's chirp and the patter of rain come to me through the dark,like the rustle of dreams from my past youth.

蟋蟀的唧唧,夜雨的淅沥,从黑暗中传到我的耳边,好似我已逝的少年时代沙沙地来到我的梦境中。

199.“ I have lost my dewdrop, ”cries the flower to the morning sky that has lost all its stars.

花朵向星辰落尽了的清晨的天空叫道:“我的露珠全失落了。”

200.The burning log bursts in flame and cries, --- "this is my flower, my death."

燃烧着的木块,发出熊熊火光,嚷道:“这是我的花朵,我的死亡。”

201.The wasp thinks that the honeyhive of the neighbouring bees is too small.His neighbours ask him to build one still smaller.

黄峰认为邻居的蜂巢太小。他的邻居却让他造一个更小的。

202.I cannot keep your waves,let me keep your footprints in my heart.

我不能保存你的波浪,让我留下你的足印吧。

203.The day, with the noise of this little earth, drowns the silence of all worlds.

白天,以这个小小地球的喧闹,淹没了整个世界的沉默。

204.The song feels the infinite in the air, the picture in the earth,the poem in the air and the earth;

For its words have meaning that walks and music that soars.

歌声在空中感到无限,图画在地球上感到无限,诗在空中和地球上都是如此;

因为诗的词有行走的意义和飞翔的音乐。

205.When the sun goes down to the west, the east of his morning stands before him in silence.

当太阳在西方落下时,他早晨的东方已静静地站在他的面前了。

206.Let me not put myself wrongly to my world and set it against me.

让我不要错误地把自己放在我的世界,让它反对我。

207.Praise shames me, for I secretly beg for it.

赞扬让我羞愧,因为我秘密地乞求它。

208.Let my doing nothing when I have nothing to do become untroubled in its depth of peace like the evening in the seashore when the water is silent.

让我没有什么事做时不做什么吧,没有烦扰地沉浸于安宁深处,就象当海水沉默时海边的黄昏一般。

209.Maiden, your simplicity, like the blueness of the lake, reveals your depth of truth.

少女啊,你的纯朴,就如海水之碧蓝,揭示了你真理的深刻。

210.The best does not come alone.It comes with the company of the all.

最好的东西不会单独而来,它伴随着所有而来。

211.God's right hand is gentle, but terrible is his left hand.

神的右手是温柔的,而他的左手却是可怕。

212.My evening came among the alien trees and spoke in a language which my morning stars did not know.

我的夜晚从陌生的树中走来,说着一种我早晨的群星都不懂的语言。

213.Night's darkness is a bag that bursts with the gold of the dawn.

夜的黑暗是一只口袋,迸出黎明的金光。

214.Our desire lends the colours of the rainbow to the mere mists and vapours of life.

我们的欲望把彩虹的色彩借给只不过是雾霭的人生。

215.God waits to win back his own flowers as gifts from man's hands.

上帝等待着,要从人的手中把他自己的花作为礼物赢回去。

216.My sad thoughts tease me asking me their own names.

我的忧思戏弄着我问我他们自己的名字。

217.The service of the fruit is precious, the service of the flower is sweet, but let my service be the service of the leaves in its shade of humble devotion.

果实的事业是珍贵的,花的事业是甜美的,但是让我成为叶子的事业吧,它谦逊地致力于垂着绿荫。

218.My heart has spread its sails to the idle winds for the shadowy island of anywhere.

我的心向着的阑珊的风张开了帆,去向无论何处的荫凉之岛。

219.Men are cruel, but Man is kind.

人们是残暴的,但是人民是友好的。

220.Make me thy cup and let my fulness be for thee and for thine.

让我做你的杯子吧,让我为了你和你的人充盈满杯吧。

221.The storm is like the cry of some god in pain whose love the earth refuses.

风暴就象一些爱被地球拒绝了的伤心之神的哭喊。

222.The world does not leak because death is not a crack.

世界不会流失,因为死亡不是一个缝隙。

223.Life has become richer by the love that has been lost.

生命因为付出爱而变得更富有。

224.My friend, your great heart shone with the sunrise of the east like the snowy summit of a lonely hill in the dawn.

我的朋有,你伟大的心闪烁着东方朝阳的光芒,就象黎明时积雪的孤峰。

225.The fountain of death makes the still water of life play.

死的泉水让生命的静水玩乐。

226.Those who have everything but thee, my god, laugh at those who have nothing but thyself.

那些有着一切却没有您的人,我的上帝,在嘲笑着那些什么都没有却有您的人。

227.The movement of life has its rest in its own music.

生命的运动在它自己的音乐中得到休息。

228.Kicks only raise dust and not crops from the earth.

踢只能从地上扬起尘土,而不能生长庄稼。

229.Our names are the light that glows on the sea waves at night and then dies without leaving its signature.

我们的名字是夜晚海浪上闪着的光,而没有留下印迹就泯灭了。

230.Let him only see the thorns who has eyes to see the rose.

让睁眼看到玫瑰的人只看到刺。

231.Set the bird's wings with gold and it will never again soar in the sky.

鸟翼上系上黄金,它就永不能在天空上翱翔了。

232.The same lotus of our clime blooms here in the alien water with the same sweetness, under another name.

我们地域的荷花在陌生的水上开了花,发出相同的甜香,只是被唤了别的名字。

233.In heart's perspective the distance looms large.

在心的视角里,距离显得更大了。

234.The moon has her light all over the sky, her dark spots to herself.

月亮把她的清辉遍洒整个天空,而把黑斑留给自己。

235.Do not say, "it is morning," and dismiss it with a name of yesterday.

See it for the first time as a new-born child that has no name. 

不要说,“这是清晨,”然后用一个昨天的名词把它打发掉。第一次看到它,就把它当成一个没有名字的新生的孩子吧。

236.Smoke boasts to the sky, and ashes to the earth, that they are brothers to the fire.

烟对天空夸下海口,灰烬对地球夸下海口,说他们是火的兄弟。

237.The raindrop whispered to the jasmine, "keep me in your heart for ever."

The jasmine sighed, "alas," and dropped to the ground.

雨点对茉莉花轻语道,“把我永远留在你的心里吧。”

茉莉长叹一声,“啊,”就落在地上。

238.Timid thoughts, do not be afraid of me.I am a poet.

怯懦的思想啊,不要怕我。我是一个诗人。

239.The dim silence of my mind seems filled with crickets' chirp --the grey twilight of sound.

 我内心的朦胧的沉默似乎充满了蟋蟀的唧唧声里,那声音灰暗的暮色。

240.Rockets, your insult to the stars follows yourself back to the earth.

烟火呀,你对群星的侮蔑,又跟着你自己回到地上来了。

241.Thou hast led me through my crowded travels of the day to my evening's

  loneliness.

I wait for its meaning through the stillness of the night.

您曾经领着我通过白天拥挤的旅程,到达我黄昏的孤独里。

在通宵的寂静里,我等待着它的意义。

242.This life is the crossing of a sea, where we meet in the same narrow ship.

In death we reach the shore and go to our different worlds.

我们的生命就象渡过一个大海,在这儿我们都相聚在同一个狭小的扁舟中。

我们到达死亡的彼岸,就各自去了不同的世界了。  

243.The stream of truth flows through its channels of mistakes.

真理的泉流从它的错误的沟渠流淌而过。

244.My heart is homesick today for the one sweet hour across the sea of time.

我的心今天是想家了,在一个跨过时间之海的甜蜜时刻。

245.The bird-song is the echo of the morning light back from the earth.

鸟的歌声是晨光从地球回传的回声。

246.“Are you too proud to kiss me?”the morning light asks the buttercup.

晨光问毛茛道:“你是骄傲得不肯和我接吻么?”  

247.“How may I sing to thee and worship, o sun?”asked the little flower.

“By the simple silence of thy purity,” answered the sun.

小花问道:“我要怎样地对你唱,怎样地崇拜你呢?太阳呀?”

太阳答道:“只要用你的纯洁的素朴的沉默。”  

248.man is worse than an animal when he is an animal.

当人是兽时,他比兽还坏。

249.Dark clouds become heaven's flowers when kissed by light.

  黑云被光的亲吻时便变成天堂的花朵。

250.Let not the sword-blade mock its handle for being blunt.

不要让刀刃嘲笑它刀柄的钝。

251.The night's silence, like a deep lamp, is burning with the light of its milky way. 

 夜的沉默,如一个深深的灯盏,银河便是它燃着的灯光。

252.Around the sunny island of life swells day and night death's limitless song of the sea.

 死象大海的无限的歌声,日夜冲击着生命的光明岛的四周。

253.Is not this mountain like a flower, with its petals of hill, drinking the sunlight?

  小山的花瓣饮着日光,这山峰不象一朵花吗?

254.The real with its meaning read wrong and emphasis misplaced is the unreal.

  “真实”的含义被误解,轻重被倒置,那就成了“不真实”。

 255.Find your beauty, my heart, from the world's movement, like the boat that has the grace of the wind and the water.

  我的心呀,从世界的流动找你的美吧,就象那小船得到风与水的优美似的。

256.The eyes are not proud of their sight but of their eyeglasses.

  眼不能以视力来傲人,却以它们的眼镜来傲人。

257.I live in this little world of mine and am afraid to make it the least less. Lift me into thy world and let me have the freedom gladly to lose my all.

我住在我的这个小小的世界里,生怕使它再缩小一丁点儿。把我抬举到您的世界里去吧,让我有自由高兴地失去我的一切。

258.The false can never grow into truth by growing in power.

虚伪永远不能凭借它生长在权力中而变成真实。

259.My heart, with its lapping waves of song, longs to caress this green world of the sunny day.

我的心,用它的歌声的波浪的轻轻拍打,渴望抚爱这阳光灿烂的绿色世界。

260. Wayside grass, love the star, then your dreams will come out in flowers.

路旁的草,爱那天上的星吧,你的梦境便可在花朵里实现了。

261.Let your music, like a sword, pierce the noise of the market to its heart.

让你的音乐如一柄利刃,刺入市井喧扰的心中吧。

262.The trembling leaves of this tree touch my heart like the fingers of an infant child.

这棵树颤动的叶子,象一个婴儿的手指触动着我的心。

263.The little flower lies in the dust.It sought the path of the butterfly.

小花睡在尘土里。它在寻找蝴蝶走的道路。

264.I am in the world of the roads.The night comes. open thy gate, thou world of the home.

我是在道路纵横的世界上。夜来了。打开您的门吧,家的世界啊!

265.I have sung the songs of thy day.In the evening let me carry thy lamp through the stormy path.我已经唱过了您的白天的歌。在黄昏的时候,让我拿着您的灯走过风雨飘摇的道路吧。

266.I do not ask thee into the house.Come into my infinite loneliness, my lover.

我不要求你进我的屋里。你到我无尽的孤寂里来吧,我的爱人!

267.Death belongs to life as birth does. The walk is in the raising of the foot as in the laying of it down.死隶属于生命,生亦是如此。抬起脚步是走路,落下脚步也是走路。

268.I have learnt the simple meaning of thy whispers in flowers and sunshine---teach me to know thy words in pain and death.

我已经学会在花与阳光里微语的简单意义。--再教我明白你在苦与死中所说的话吧。

269.The night's flower was late when the morning kissed her, she shivered and sighed and dropped to the ground.

夜的花朵来晚了,当早晨吻着她时,她颤栗着,叹息了一声,萎落在地上了。

270.Through the sadness of all things I hear the crooning of the eternal mother.

从万物的愁苦中,我听见了永恒之母的呻吟。

271.I came to your shore as a stranger,I lived in your house as a guest,I leave your door as a friend, my earth.

大地呀,我到达你的岸时是一个陌生人,住在你屋内时是一个宾客,离开你的门时是一个朋友。

272.Let my thoughts come to you, when I am gone, like the after glow of sunset at the margin of starry silence.

当我离去时,让我的思想到你那里来,就象那夕阳的余光,映在沉默的星天的边际。

273.Light in my heart the evening star of rest and then let the night whisper to me of love.

在我的心头燃点起那休憩的黄昏星吧,然后让黑夜向我轻诉着爱情。

274.I am a child in the dark.I stretch my hands through the coverlet of night for thee, mother.

我是一个在黑暗中的孩子。我从夜的被单里向您伸出我的双手,母亲。

275.The day of work is done. hide my face in your arms, mother.

  let me dream.

白天的工作做完了。把我的脸埋在您的臂间吧,母亲。让我入梦吧。

276.The lamp of meeting burns long; it goes out in a moment at the parting.

集会时的灯光点了很久,会散时,灯就立刻灭了。

277.One word keep for me in thy silence, o world, when I am dead,I have loved.

世界呀,当我死时,请在你的沉默中,替我留着“我已爱过了”这句话吧。

278 .We live in this world when we love it.

我们在热爱世界时便生活在这世界上。

279. Let the dead have the immortality of fame, but the living the immortality of love.

让死者有不朽之名,但让生者有那不朽的爱。

280.I have seen thee as the half-awakened child sees his mother in the dusk of the dawn and then smiles and sleeps again.

我看见过你,象那半睡半醒的孩子在黎明的微光里看见他的母亲,然后微笑着又睡着了。

281.I shall die again and again to know that life is inexhaustible.

我将死了又死,来明白生命是无穷无尽的。

282.while I was passing with the crowd in the road I saw thy smile from the balcony and I sang and forgot all noise.

当我穿过路上拥挤的人群时,我看见阳台上您的微笑,于是我歌唱着,忘却了所有的喧哗。

283.Love is life in its fulness like the cup with its wine.

爱就象杯中盛满美酒一般的生命的充盈。

284.They light their own lamps and sing their own words in their temples.

  but the birds sing thy name in thine own morning light, --- for thy name is joy.

他们点亮了他们自己的灯,在他们的寺院内,吟唱自己的话语。但是小鸟们却在你的晨光中,唱着你的名字,--因为你的名字就是快乐。

285.Lead me in the centre of thy silence to fill my heart with songs.

引领我到您的沉寂的中心,用歌声充满我的心吧。

286.Let them live who choose in their own hissing world of fireworks.

  My heart longs for thy stars, my god.

让那些选择了他们自己烟花咝咝的世界的,就生活在那里吧。我的心渴望着您的繁星,我的上帝。

287.Love's pain sang round my life like the unplumbed sea, and love's joy sang like birds in its flowering grove.

爱的痛苦环绕着我的一生,象汹涌的大海似地唱;而爱的快乐却象鸟儿们在花林里似地唱着。

288. Put out the lamp when thou wishest.

  I shall know thy darkness and shall love it.

当你许愿时,您就熄了灯吧。我将懂得您的黑暗,并将爱上它。

289.When I stand before thee at the day’ s end thou shalt see my scars and know that I had my wounds and also my healing.

当我在那日子的尽头站在您的面前时,您将看见我的伤疤,知道我有我的许多创伤,但在自愈。

290.Some day I shall sing to thee in the sunrise of some other world,“I have seen thee before in the light of the earth, in the love of man.”

某一天,我将在别的世界初升的阳光里向你歌唱,“我曾在地球的光里,在人的爱里看到过你。

291.Clouds come floating into my life from other days no longer to shed rain or usher storm but to give colour to my sunset sky.

从别的日子里飘浮到我的生命里的云,不再落下雨点或引起风暴了,但赋予我夕阳西下的天空以色彩。

292.Truth raises against itself the storm that scatters its seeds broadcast.

因为把它的种子四处吹散,并广而告之,真理反抗起它自己的风暴。

293.The storm of the last night has crowned this morning with golden peace.

昨夜的风暴给今日的早晨冠以金色的和平。

294.Truth seems to come with its final word; and the final word gives birth to its next.

真理仿佛带了它的结论而来;而那结论却产生了它的第二个。

295.Blessed is he whose fame does not outshine his truth.

他是有福的,因为他的名望并没有比他的真实更闪耀。

296.Sweetness of thy name fills my heart when I forget mine---like thy morning sun when the mist is melted.

当我忘掉了我自己时,您的名字的甜蜜充溢着我的心,--就象雾散时您早晨的太阳。

297.The silent night has the beauty of the mother and the clamorous day of the child.

沉静的夜晚具有母亲般的美丽,而吵闹的白天具有孩童的美丽。

298.The world loved man when he smiled. the world became afraid of him when he laughed.

当人微笑时,世界爱上了他;当他大笑时世界又怕他了。

299.God waits for man to regain his childhood in wisdom.

神等待着人在智慧中重新获得童年。

300.Let me feel this world as thy love taking form, then my love will help it.

让我感到这个世界乃是您的爱的成形吧,那末,我的爱也将帮助着它。

301.Thy sunshine smiles upon the winter days of my heart, never doubting of its spring flowers.

您的阳光对着我的心头的冬天微笑,从来不怀疑它的春天的花朵。

302. God kisses the finite in his love and man the infinite.

神在他的爱里吻着“有涯”,而人却吻着“无涯”。

303. Thou crossest desert lands of barren years to reach the moment of fulfilment.

您越过不毛之年的沙漠而到达了圆满的时刻。

304. God's silence ripens man's thoughts into speech.

神的静默使人的思想成熟为语言。

305.Thou wilt find, eternal traveller, marks of thy footsteps across my songs.

“永恒的旅客”呀,你将在我许多的歌里找到你的足迹。

306.Let me not shame thee, father, who displayest thy glory in thy children.

让我不至羞辱您吧,父亲,您在您的孩子们身上显示出您的荣耀。

307.Cheerless is the day, the light under frowning clouds is like a punished child with traces of tears on its pale cheeks, and the cry of the wind is like the cry of a wounded world. but I know I am travelling to meet my friend.

这一天是不欢快的。光在皱眉的云下,就象一个被处罚的孩子,苍白的脸上斑斑泪痕;风的号叫象一个受伤的世界的哭号。但是我知道,我正跋涉着去会我的朋友。

308.Tonight there is a stir among the palm leaves, a swell in the sea,full moon, like the heart throb of the world. From what unknown sky hast thou carried in thy silence the aching secret of love?

今天晚上棕榈叶中有一阵搅动,海上有大浪,满月呵,就象世界在心悸。从不可知的天空,您在您的沉默里带来了什么样的爱的痛苦的秘密?

309.I dream of a star, an island of light, where I shall be born and in the depth of its quickening leisure my life will ripen its works like the rice-field in the autumn sun.

我梦见一颗星,一个光之岛,我将在那里出生。在它快速的闲暇深处,我的生命将成熟它的事业,象秋阳下的稻田。

310.The smell of the wet earth in the rain rises like a great chant of praise from the voiceless multitude of the insignificant.

雨中的湿土的气息,从渺小的无声的群众那里散发起来了,就象一阵巨大的赞美歌声。

311.That love can ever lose is a fact that we cannot accept as truth.

爱情会失去,这是我们不能当作真理来接受的一个事实。

312.We shall know some day that death can never rob us of that which our soul has gained, for her gains are one with herself.

我们将有一天会明白,死永远不能夺去我们的灵魂所获得的东西。因为她所获得的,和她自己是一体。

313.God comes to me in the dusk of my evening with the flowers from my past kept fresh in his basket.

神在我的黄昏的暮霭中,带着花到我这里来。这些花都是我过去在他的花篮中还保存得很新鲜。

314.When all the strings of my life will be tuned, my master, then at every touch of thine will come out the music of love.

我的主人呀,当我的生之琴弦都已调得和谐时,你的手的每一弹奏,都可以发出爱的乐声来。

315.Let me live truly, my lord, so that death to me become true.

让我真真实实地活着吧,我的上帝。这样,死对于我就成了真。

316.Man's history is waiting in patience for the triumph of the insulted man.

人类的历史在很忍耐地等待着被侮辱者的胜利。

317.I feel thy gaze upon my heart this moment like the sunny silence of the morning upon the lonely field whose harvest is over.

我这一刻感到你注视着我的心,象那早晨阳光中的沉默落在已收获的孤寂的田野上一样。

318.I long for the island of songs across this heaving sea of shouts.

我渴望着咏歌之岛通过这喧哗的波涛起伏的海。

319.The prelude of the night is commenced in the music of the sunset,in its solemn hymn to the ineffable dark.

夜的序曲是开始于夕阳西下的音乐,开始于它对不可言喻的黑暗所作的庄严颂歌。

320.I have scaled the peak and found no shelter in fame's bleak and barren height. Lead me, my guide, before the light fades, into the valley of quiet where life's harvest mellows into golden wisdom.

我登上高峰,发现在名誉的荒芜不毛的高处,简直找不到一个遮身之地。我的向导呵,领着我在光明逝去之前,进入到沉静的山谷里去吧。在那里,一生的收获将会成熟为黄金的智慧。

321.Things look phantastic in this dimness of the dusk---the spires whose bases are lost in the dark and tree tops like blots of ink. I shall wait for the morning and wake up to see thy city in the light.

在这个黄昏的朦胧里,物件看来都仿佛是幻象一般--尖塔的底层在黑暗里消失了,树顶象是墨水的斑点似的。我将等待着黎明,而当我醒来的时候,就会看到在光明里的您的城市。

322.I have suffered and despaired and known death and I am glad that I am in this great world.

我曾经受苦过,曾经失望过,曾经体会过“死亡”,于是我以我在这伟大的世界里为乐。

323.There are tracts in my life that are bare and silent. They are the open spaces where my busy days had their light and air.

在我的一生里,也有贫乏和沉默的地域;它们是我忙碌的日子有光与空气的空旷之地。

324.Release me from my unfulfilled past clinging to me from behind making death difficult.

从我那未完成的过去释放了我吧,它从后边缠着我,使我难于死去。

325.Let this be my last word, that i trust thy love.

“我相信你的爱。”让这句话做我的遗言。

你可能感兴趣的:(学译《飞鸟集》)