3.05

passage two

www.kekenet.com/cet6/201609/465411.shtml

www.kekenet.com/cet6/201609/465410.shtml

Passage Two 短文二

Is there really a magic memory pill or a herbal recall remedy? 魔力记忆力药片或者记忆力补救草药真的存在吗?

I have been frequently asked if these memory supplements work. 我经常被问到这些记忆力补品是否有效?

You know, one of the first things I like to tell people when they ask me about the supplements, is that a lot of them are promoted as a cure for your memory. 当人们问到我记忆力补品的时候,我首先要告诉他们的是这类补药被宣传为能治愈他们的记忆力。

But your memory doesn't need a cure. 但是你的记忆力并不需要治疗。

What your memory needs is a good workout. 你的记忆力需要的是良好的锻炼。

So really those supplements aren't going to give you that perfect memory in the way that they promise. 所以那些补品真的不会给你带来他们所承诺的那种完美的记忆力。

The other thing is that a lot of these supplements aren't necessarily what they claim to be, and you really have to be wary when you take any of them. 另一件事是很多补品并不像他们所说的那样,你需要谨慎服用。

The science isn't there behind most of them. 很多补品并没有科学依据。

They're not really well-regulated unless they adhere to some industry standard. 其实他们的管理并不良好,除非他们遵守行业标准。

You don't really know that what they say is in there, isn't there. 你并不知道这些药品是否有效。

What you must understand is that those supplements, especially in some eastern cultures, are part of a medical practice tradition. 你必须明白的是,尤其是在一些东方文化中,这类补药是传统医学的一部分。

People don't just go in a local grocery store and buy these supplements. 人们不只是到当地杂货店去买这类补药。

In fact, they are prescribed and they're given at a certain level, a dosage that is understood by a practitioner who's been trained. 实际上,这类补药属于处方药,须由经过训练的职业医师规定剂量。

And that's not really the way they're used in this country. 而这个国家并没有采取这种方式。

The other thing people do forget is that these are medicines, so they do have an impact. 人们忘记了一件事,那就是这类补药是药品,他们确实会带来一些影响。

A lot of times people are not really aware of the impact they have, or the fact that taking them in combination with other medications might put you at increased risk for something that you wouldn't otherwise being countering or be at risk for. 很多时候人们并没有真正意识到服用这类补药所带来的影响,也不知道与其他药物同服可能会增加出现某些不良情况的风险。

Questions 12 to 15 are based on the passage you have just heard. 问题12-15是基于刚才你所听到的这篇文章的。

Question12. What question is frequently put to the speaker? 问题12:说话人经常被问到什么问题?

Question13. What does the speaker say about most memory supplements? 问题13:对于大多数的记忆力补品,说话人都说了什么?

Question14. What do we learn about memory supplements in eastern cultures? 问题14:从东方文化中,我们了解了记忆力补品的什么?

Question15. What does the speaker say about memory supplements at the end? 问题15:在文章最后,说话人对于记忆力补品都说了什么?

你可能感兴趣的:(3.05)