S02 E20 Translation exercises
Want some coffee?来点咖啡吗?
Say yes. It’s French press. I was doubtful, too. But I honestly can’t see myself going back to drip. 来点吧。这是法式滤压壶。我也曾质疑,但是我真对再也不想重喝滴漏式咖啡了。
I’m so happy you don’t live in a tough neighborhood anymore. 我真高兴你们不用再住在棘手的社区了。
We’re so sorry for just dropping by like this. 我们很抱歉这样贸然前来
Are you kidding me? 开什么玩笑
I’ll take any chance to spend time with this little princess. I love her little hair, her little toes. 我会抓住任何机会花时间和这个小公主在一起。我爱她的小头发, 她的小脚丫。
And she loves her grandmother.她也爱她的奶奶
I don’t love “Grandmother.” 我不喜欢叫“奶奶。”
So, cam and I have been revising our will to specify who should take care of Lily, if, god forbid, something happened to us. 是这样, cam和我在修订我们的遗嘱,具体制定谁将照看莉莉,如果,但愿不发生这样的事啦, 我们出了什么意外。
God forbid.但愿不发生这样的事
I said “God for—“ so, we’ve been dropping by unannounced to, you know, casually assess our candidates.我说了“但愿-”。所以,我们在没有提前通知的情况下突然造访了,你懂的,随机评估候选人
Not all of our candidates. 不是我们的所有候选人
No, t-that’s true. We did not drop by Missour-ah. 不是,确实不是。我们没有顺路去密苏里州啊
“Missouri.” No one from Missouri would say “Misour-ah.”密苏里州, 没有哪个来自密苏里州的人会说“密苏里州啊”。
I’m so sorry-ah. So, anyway, Claire and Phil were our first thought, so we dropped by their place last week. 抱歉啊。因此,无论如何,Claire 和Phil 是我们的首选,所以上周我们就先去了他们那。
You win the award for the worst mother ever! 你荣获史上最糟老妈奖!
I will be sure to thank you in my speech! Phil, the frying pan’s on fire! 我肯定会在发表获奖感言时感谢你的。 菲尔, 煎锅着火了!
Son of Jor-el! Everybody stay calm! 我的超人啊! 大家保持冷静。
Dad, I’m gonna teach myself how to juggle. 老爸,我想自学杂技。
Good for you, buddy. 真为你高兴,哥们儿。
Mom! No one hear me screaming?! I’ve been trapped in the garage for like 20 minutes! 妈妈!没人听见我叫吗?我困在车库快20分钟了!
And yet still you didn’t get the rat traps I sent you for. 然后你还是没把我让你拿的捕鼠器拿来。
Oh, thank you. 哦,谢谢。
Honey, it’s doing it again! 亲爱的,又来了!
Come on, now! Every morning?! 不是吧! 每天早上都这样?!
I hope the whole house burns down! 我希望整间屋子都烧成灰烬了!
Did we come at a bad time? 我们是不是来的不是时候?
Come back in seven years and five months, when they’re all gone! 7年又5个月后回来,那会他们全走干净了!
French press法式滤压壶
drip滴漏式咖啡机=Coffee maker
tough neighborhood 棘手的社区
dropping by顺道就来了 表示贸然到访 很仓促
Take chance抓住机会;尝试一下
revise修订
Will 立遗嘱将(财产等)赠与(某人);立遗嘱赠与
Specify 明确说明;具体指定
forbid禁止;不准
casually 随机地
assess评估
Candidate 候选人
Award授予;奖励;判给
Jorel代表是超人之父乔尔的虚构人物
trap in陷入 困在
Burn down焚毁;(使)烧成平地
well, you bundle up! We don’t want to lose you! Okay. Yeah, bye! They’re in the middle of a terrible blizzard. 好的, 你穿暖和了! 我们可不想失去你! 好的,嗯,再见! 他们正处于严重的暴风雪中。
So you shouted! 所以你嚷嚷!
Did they really lose two cows? 他们真的损失了两头牛吗?
Oh, yeah, frozen solid. Mama’s gonna send pictures. 哦,是的,冻得结结实实。 妈妈会寄照片来。
Oh, yay, a reason to stop by the frame store. 哦, 耶,一个顺道去相框店的理由。
Manny, I got to get you down to that sporting-goods place. Got to get him some stuff for his weekend outing.曼尼,我们该去运动用品店了。得给他买些周末郊游的东西。
Ready!准备好了!
Did you pee? 你小便了吗?
Not ready. 还没准备好。
Jay, would you mind if we came? 杰,你介意我们也去吗?
Sure, why not? 一起去啊,为什么介意?
You know, I’d like to get mama some snowshoes—you know, to lift her spirits, what with all the frozen cows and all. 你知道, 我想给妈妈买双雪鞋-你懂的,让她打起精神,因为冻死的牛和那的一切。
So, cows freeze now? Are we all accepting that? 所以,现在是牛被冻住了? 我们都认为这是真的?
Oh, yeah, absolutely, jay, this one time— 哦,当然, 杰, 就这次—
we’ll take two cars. 我们开两辆车去。
If you want, I can stay with the little princess. 如果你们愿意, 我可以留下来陪小公主。
Oh, that—that’s a great idea. 哦, 那-那真是个好主意。
Oh, yeah, I’ll just —I’ll just go out and get her bag. 哦,太好了,我去--我去拿她的包包。
Maybe I can take her to the mall, buy her a new outfit, get her some hair rings—is that okay? 或许我可以带她去商场逛逛, 给她买些新衣服,新发圈—可以吗?
Yes, yes, of course. Um, you know, gloria, cam and I were talking about what would happen to lily if anything were ever to happen to us, and we were thinking… 是的,当然啦。 呃,是这样,葛罗莉亚,卡和我商量过如果哪天我们遭遇不测莉莉该怎么办,我们考虑…
Oh, my god. Is it? I take her! 哦, 天啊。这是? 我愿意照顾她!
Okay, well, that’s very sweet, but you realize it would only happen— 好,好吧, 你真好, 但是你知道这只可能发生在—
I can’t wait! 我都等不及了!
Okay, well, hopefully, it’s a long shot. 呃, 好吧, 但愿,你机会不大啦。
Ay, a little girl! 小丫头!
There would have to be a very tragic accident. 那将是个惨绝人寰的事故啊。
I know, I know. Nothing is going to happen. 我懂, 我懂。 不会有这种事发生的。
Oh. 嗯。
But if it did, we would be so happy! 但是如果发生,我们都会非常开心的!
Bundle up(使)穿得暖和=stay warm
blizzard暴风雪
frozen solid 冻结实的
What with由于;因为
A long shot没把握的尝试;不大可能成功的尝试
a very tragic accident惨绝人寰的事故
So, what do you say, pal? I got to swing by office. You want to come along? 怎么说,哥们儿? 我得去趟办公室。 你一起来吗?
Can’t. We got some stuff to do. 不行, 我们有事要做。
What?什么事啊。
Just errands. 就是些跑腿的活。
I’m taking Luke to see a child psychologist. This is something that Phil would never agree to. He doesn’t want Luke to feel… different. But Luke’s grades aren’t great, and he’s having trouble concentrating in school. I just want to make sure that he’s… normal. 我要带卢克去见一位儿童心理学家。这是菲尔绝对不会同意的事。 他不想让卢克觉得自己…异于常人。但是卢克分数不太好,并且他在学校还有注意力不集中的问题。 我只想确保他是…正常的。
Hey, mom, check it out. 妈妈,来看看。
What are you doing? 你在干嘛?
If I move my head fast enough, it looks like the can is standing still. 如果我的脑袋晃动的足够快,这罐子就像没动似的。
‘Cause sometimes I wonder. 因为我想知道。
But all the girls at work love it when I bring Luke by, especially that receptionist Heather, right, buddy? 但是办公室所有女孩都喜欢我带卢克去,尤其是前台接待员希瑟,对吧,哥们?
She smells amazing. 她闻起来好极了。
Mm, well, honey, you’re gonna have to smell daddy’s receptionist some other time. 嗯,好吧亲爱的,你下次再去闻你老爸的前台。
Like peaches. 就像桃子。
If you’re both going out, who’s taking me to cello? 如果你们都要出去, 谁送我去大提琴课?
One time, she gave me a Woody. 有一回她给了我一个伍迪。
Sweet je— 亲爱的-
She rememberer he’s my favorite character from “Toy story.” 她记得那是我在“玩具总动员”里最喜欢的角色。
She did. Uh… Haley, how are you getting to the mall? 她的确是。呃… 海莉,你怎么去商场?
Uh, Gabby’s picking me up. 盖比来接我。
Okay, you’re gonna drop your sister off at her cello lesson first. 好吧,那你中途先送你妹妹去大提琴课吧。
No way. She plays lacrosse and takes cello lessons. Even my reputation can’t handle that dork hit. 没门。她打长曲棍球还上大提琴课。就算是我的名声也经不起这呆子的一击。
Okay, well, then you don’t need to go snowboarding with your friends on break. 那么你也没必要在休息的时候和你朋友去滑雪了
Fine, I’ll take her. Just never look my friends in the eye, and only speak in emergencies. 好吧,我带她去。永远不要和我朋友们直视,万不得已别说话。
Got it. 懂了。
Ah! Already failed.啊!已经犯规了。
Honey, after I go by the office, maybe we can grab some lunch. 亲爱的,我去过办公室后,或许我们可以一起吃个午饭。
Oh, I can’t. I got pick up all that stuff for the school trip. But you know what? I’ll see you tonight at dad and gloria’s. 哦,不行。我得去取学校旅行的所有东西。 但这样吧,我们今晚在老爸和葛罗莉亚那见。
Okay. 好的。
Smell Heather for me. 替我闻闻希瑟。
I always do… not. 我每次都… 我是说不行。
Swing by经过,绕过去
Come along(尤用于鼓励别人参加某活动)来吧,一起来
Errands [ˈɛrəndz] 为…跑腿;为…办事
receptionist 接待员
Drop off中途放下(某人)
lacrosse 长曲棍球
go snowboarding滑板滑雪
Look in the eye直视
Pick up接人;取走物品;提货
I am so sorry we’re late, we just got a little bit caught up in… 我很抱歉我们迟到了,被点事耽搁…
Oh, no, it’s okay. It’s okay. It gave me a chance to chat with your husband. 哦,不,没关系的。没事。 正好给了我给机会和你丈夫谈一谈。
Hello, claire. 你好,克莱尔。
So, Luke, come on in with me. Mom and dad, we’ll let you know when we need you. 那么,卢克,和我进来吧。至于妈妈和爸爸, 我们有需要的时候会告诉你们的。
Go get ‘em, pal. 去吧,伙计。
How did you— 你怎么-
How did I what? Know you were someplace you left no trace of except for a tiny notation in your calendar? It was quite simple, really. I noticed a tiny nota—shoot. 我怎么什么? 知道你在哪吗?除了日历上那极小的标记你没留下什么痕迹。 很简单,真的。 我注意到一个极小的——扯蛋。
Get caught up 被卷入,卷入到
Someplace=somewhere;在某处;到某处
Trace痕迹
Except for除了
A tiny notation极小的记号 notation符号,记号,谱号
calendar 日历
Shoot(做了蠢事或事情出了差错感到懊恼,避免说shit;)
That’s weird. My cello teacher’s car isn’t here. I wonder if she’s not home. 真奇怪。我大提琴老师的车不在这。 我怀疑她不在家。
Okay, so go knock on the door, Alan Einstein. 行了,去敲门,艾伦爱因斯坦
Don’t leave. And it’s “Albert.” 别走开。那是“艾伯特”啦。
I know. Alan’s his dorky brother who played the cello. 我知道。 艾伦是他那演奏大提琴的呆兄弟。
Good one. 这段子行。
I should probably not be telling you this. 我可能不该告诉你。
What? 什么事?
Nothing. It’s really bad. 没什么。 挺糟的。
Tell. 说嘛。
When you and Dylan were broken up, Rachel told him you were a skank and got all up on him. 当你和迪伦分手后,瑞秋跟他说你是个荡妇,然后彻底偷走了他.
No! Bust she’s so nice to me. 不是吧! 但是她对我很好啊。
To your face. That’s how she plays. 当你面罢了。她就爱玩这套。
Well, now she’s gonna see how we play. 好的,现在让她见识一下我们怎么玩。
What are we gonna do? 我们怎么做?
She’s not there. You’re just gonna have to take me home. 她不在。你们就把我送回家吧。
We don’t have time. We have stuff to do. 我们没时间。 我们有事要做。
Then I’m just gonna have to come with you. 那么我就跟着你呗。
Can’t we just drop her off at a coffee shop of something? 我们就不能把她放在个小咖啡店什么的地方吗?
What, so she gets kidnapped and I get in trouble? No, thank you. Okay, fine , you can come with us. but you have keep your mouth shut about anything you see. 什么啊,她被绑架的话我就有麻烦了?不行,多谢你。好吧,可以,你可以跟着我们,但是你看到什么都不能说话。
What’s she gonna see? 她将看到什么?
Just drive! 开车吧!
Skank缺德的人;讨厌鬼
Kidnap劫持;绑架
keep your mouth shut 闭上你的嘴!
Ooh, maybe I should also get a gift for my aunt Pat. Have I ever told you about her? Totally gun nut, lives completely off the grid. 哦, 或许我也该给我的帕特阿姨一份礼物。我和你提过她吗? 安全是个枪支狂人,生活中完全不上网。
Did you see how cute gloria was with Lily? 你看到葛罗莉亚和莉莉在一起时多可爱吗?
Oh, pat is hilarious. I don’t think she’s paid taxes in 20 years, but very hospitable. Always has a deer in the freezer. 哦。帕特可好玩了。我想她有20年没交税了,但是非常热情周到。总是放只鹿在冷冻柜里
Would you listen to me? I think that gloria and my dad could be Lily’s guardians. 你有听我说话吗?I想葛罗莉亚和爸爸可以当莉莉的监护人。
Look, you know I love Jay, and they’re still in the mix, but I just don’t know about him raising a child.听着,你知道我爱杰,而且他们仍在名单里,但是我还不懂他如何抚养孩子的。
Well, cam, he raised me. 得了吧,卡, 他抚养了我啊。
Well, now you’ve put me in an awkward position. Oh, look at that. That’s adorable. 好吧,你现在将我放在了很尴尬的位置。 哦,看那。 那真可爱。
off the grid 不上网
Hilarious引人捧腹大笑的;滑稽的;极有趣的
Hosptiable好客的;殷勤周到的;热情友好的
guardians监护人
Let’s see if we can get you some snow pants. 让我们看看我们能不能给你弄条滑雪裤。
I just wish I felt better. I think I’m coming down with flu-like symptoms. 我真希望我感觉好点。我想我马上就要有感冒症状了。
Couple of hours before your camping trip, huh? 在你露营前几个小时吗?
I want to go. It’s just, if I’m sick, I might get the chaperones sick, and without chaperones, it’s anarchy. 我想去的。 只是我病了就可能让领队的病,如果没有领队就乱套了。
Manny, listen to me. 曼尼,听我说。
The buddy system falls apart. The principle of “Last in, first out” is ignored. 结伴制毁了,“后进先出”原则被无视了。
It’s butterflies. 蝴蝶。
Where? 哪里?
You’re just nervous because there’s gonna be a lot of physical activity, which is not exactly not your strong suit. 你只是紧张因为那里会有很多体力训练,而那确实不是你的强项
It is a little daunting out there. 是有一点胆怯。
Don’t use the word “daunting” in nature, okay? You just need a little self-confidence. Look at this. They got one of these rock walls here. Why don’t you hop up on that? “胆怯”这个词别用在大自然中,好吗?你只是需要点自信。看着。他们有面攀岩墙。你干嘛不跳上去。
Why? 为什么?
Why? To prove that you can do it. If you can do that, you can do anything. 为什么?证明你能行啊。 如果你做到了,你就能做任何事。
Really? Can I fly? Can I speak Chinese? 真的吗?我能飞了? 我能说中文了?
No, but you can sleep in the house tonight. 不能,但是你能今晚回屋睡觉。
Ace? Want to wire my boy up, here? Go ahead. 艾斯?想把我孩子绑上绳子吗? 去吧。
snow pants 滑雪裤
Come down with 染上,得了(病)
camping trip 野营游 露营
chaperones 监护人
anarchy混乱
Buddy system 成对互助训练法;结伴制
Fall apart破裂;散架;垮掉;摔碎;(机构或体系)解散,瓦解;(
Physical activity体育活动 体力活动
Daunting使胆怯;使气馁;使失去信心
hop up on
Last in, first out后进先出原则 (裁员的时候先解雇新员工)
Strong suit 强项
rock walls岩壁
Hop up 使兴奋;蹦蹦跳跳
Wire up在…里装电线;给…布线
I’m sorry went behind your back. But you get so defensive whenever we talk about Luke’s issues. 我很抱歉背着你搞小动作。但无论何时我们讨论卢克点问题你都太有戒心了。
He doesn’t have issues. You’re just a worrier. Like when you thought he was never gonna talk.他没有问题。你就是个爱操心的人。就像那时候你还以为他永远不会讲话呢。
He was 2, and all he could do was bark! 他都2岁了,而且他唯一会的就是狗叫!
I understood him. 我懂他。
Phil. 菲尔。
Look, he starts coming here, the other kids find out, he becomes a target, like that limping gazelle at the watering hole that the alligator knows to eat. 听着,其他孩子要是发现他开始来这种地方,他就会陈伟靶子,就像短吻鳄知道该去吃水洼处瘸腿的羚羊。
They’re crocodiles, not alligators. 它们是鳄鱼,不是短吻鳄。
There are no alligators in Africa. 非洲没有短吻鳄。
how about at the zoo? 在动物园呢?
bam! Who need a shrink now?嘭! 现在谁需要心理学家?
Mr. and Mrs. Dunphy? 邓菲先生和邓菲太太?
Yes? 在?
Luke, I’m gonna talk to your mom and dad for a minute, okay? 卢克,我跟你爸妈聊会,好吗?
Okay, she’s, like, the best doctor ever. A couple of puzzles, no shots. I didn’t even have to take my pants off. Found that one out a little late. 好的,她像是我见过最棒的医生。几道智力问答,不打针。我甚至不用脱裤子。早点找她就好了。
I’ve been there, buddy. 我找过的,哥们。
Well, Luke’s a terrific kid. i have a few thoughts, but honestly, I don’t see anything that’s cause for alarm. 啊,卢克是个了不起的孩子。我有些想法,但老实说,我并不觉得有什么可担忧的。
Awesome. Thanks so much for your time. 太好了。感谢你抽时间。
We would love to hear your thoughts. 我们想听听您的想法。
well… he’s a bright and curious boy, but he gets distracted. I see it all the time above-average kids.呃... 他是个活泼且充满好奇的孩子,但是他容易分心。我见过很多更容易分神的孩子。
Phil, honey, I want you to hear this. 菲尔,亲爱的, 我需要你听听这些。
They’re a little overstimulated because there are so many things they’re interested in. They never seem to focus. 他们有点过度兴奋因为有太多事让他们感兴趣了。 他们好像从来都无法集中注意力。
Makes me crazy. 这让我抓狂。
Too crazy. 太抓狂了。
Well, they usually do outgrow it. 通常长大之后就不会了。
What if they don’t? 如果他们没有改变。
He will. 他会的
Well, there’s medication, but why don’t we cross that bridge if we come to it? 当然,有药物治疗方案,但我们为什么不等到有必要时再试呢。
Is there any way to avoid that bridge altogether? You know, maybe there’s diet to—or focusing exercises or something ? 有什么方法可以完全避免吗?如饮食-或者注意力训练等。
Mrs. Dunphy, what exactly are you worried about? 邓菲太太,你究竟在担心什么呢?
Get comfortable.让自己舒坦呗。
I’m worried he’s turning into you, Phil. 我担心他变成你,菲尔!
I knew the minute I opened my mouth that I was in the wrong, but, honestly, sometimes I wonder about him. 我一张口就知道我错了,但是,说实话,有时候我真的不懂他。
Mom, check it out. 妈妈你看。
What are you doing? 你在干嘛?
If I move my head fast enough it looks like the can is standing still. 如果我的脑袋晃动的足够快,着罐子就是静止的。
He’s totally right! 他完全正确!
Shrink 精神病学家;心理学家
terrific 极好的;非常棒的;了不起的
In the wrong(道义或法律上)错的,不对的; I was in the wrong 一张口就知道错了
puzzles智力游戏
above-average超过平均水平的;超常的
overstimulate 过度刺激 stimulate使兴奋;刺激
outgrow 因长大而放弃(以前的行为或想法)
wonder about想知道
I just find it interesting that you blame Jay for everything from your night terrors to your shy bladder.
And now he’s the perfect guardian for lily. 我只是发现你从惊梦症到害羞膀胱综合症都归咎于你老爸,现在你又觉得他是莉莉的完美监护了。
No, not perfect, and — and I never said anything about my shy bladder. 没有,不是说完美,只是-我从没说过我的害羞膀胱综合症
O-oh. Then why did I have to stand guard outside the bathroom at Pepper’s three faces of new year’s eve party? 哦。那么为什么在派伯的三面除夕派对上都要我在洗手间外站岗。(派伯喜欢主题派对)
Damn it, Manny! Move it! Go! 该死的,曼尼!动起来啊!快!
It’s scary. 我害怕。
You’re 2 feet off the ground. I’ve seen vines climb walls faster than that. Move your butt. 你才离地2英尺(1inch=0.3048)我看藤蔓爬墙都比你快。挪挪你的屁股
Well, there’s your esteem-building parent right here. 哎呀,这就是曾经培养你自尊心的家长。
Wait, wait, i think I hear future lily sending us a message from her stripper pole—“thanks, gay dead dads. This dance is for you.” Excuse me, Jay?等等,等等, 我好像听见未来的莉莉在脱衣舞钢管上给什么捎信了-“谢了,死去的基佬爸爸们。这支舞是为你们而跳的。” 打扰下,杰。
I’m getting down. 我下来了。
not till you touch the top! What is it? 等你爬到顶再说!什么事?
Well, maybe if we didn’t bully Manny so much, but, rather, showed him, he wouldn’t be so afraid.
Excuse me, sherpa. Can you assist me with the harness? 哎,或许我们不用这么吓唬曼尼啦,而是示范给他看,他就没那么怕了。不好意思,夏尔巴人。能帮我绑护具吗?
find it interesting真有意思 耐人寻味
Night terrors夜靥;夜惊;夜惊症;梦惊=sleep terrors
Shy-bladder syndrome,Avoidant paruresis 境遇性排尿障碍,又称害羞膀胱综合症,典型症状是无法在公共场合的厕所解小便
stand guard站岗;放哨
Vines葡萄藤;藤本植物;攀缘植物;藤;藤蔓
Move your butt别挡路 挪挪你的屁股
esteem-building 尊重;敬重;
Stripper pole 脱衣舞钢管
bu l l y恐吓;伤害;胁迫
Assist with帮助;照料;做;在…给予帮助
Harness马具;挽具;(用于人,起固定或保护作用的)背带,保护带
Oh, no. which one of these is my driving machine? 哦,不。哪一个才是我的驱动装置呢?
Phil, I already apologized. It just —it cam out wrong. 菲尔,我已经道歉了。它只是—只是张口说错话了。
Funny, I thought that was my problem— I came out wrong. Hold on. Oh, good. I can walk again.真好笑,我还以为是我的问题呢—我说错了。等一下,哦,太好了。我又能走路了。
Honey, you know, sometimes you can act a little bit—亲爱的,你知道,有时候你表现的有点—
Oh, no! Where did everyone go?! Oh, just a blink. 哦,不!人们都去哪了? 哦,只是眨眼间啊。
When you are ready to talk to me like an adult, why don’t you let me know. 不如等你能像个大人一样和我谈话时再告诉我。
Fine. Okay. Okay. The adults are the big ones, right? 好的。好吧,好吧。大人是指大个子的人,对吧?
Hey, how do you think that got up there? 嘿,你们知道那是怎么挂上去的吗?
Securely 使固定;缚牢;系紧
hitch to a rope拴住一条绳子
Drill sergeant 操练军士;军队中士;军士训练官;操练教官;教官
Now, I know it seems daunting, I’m securely hitched to a rope, which means I’m not going to fall. 现在,我知道看着吓人,我牢牢地拴在绳子上,这意味着我就不会跌下去了
You know, dad. You’re really making my life difficult right now. 你知道吗,爸爸。你真的让我出镜为难。
How?怎么会?
By barking at Manny like a drill sergeant when I’m trying to convince cam that you’d be a great guardian for lily. 当我试着说服小卡说你会是莉莉很棒的监护人时你却像个教官一个对着曼尼嚷嚷
Gardian? 监护人
Yeah. 没错
You’re kidding. 你在开玩笑?
Jay! 杰。
Yeah, never mind. 是啊,想也别想了。(没关系了/当我没说)
That really hurt! 真疼。
This is a mistake. 这是个错误。
Why does she keep saying that? Because they’re the first words she ever heard. 为什么她不停说这句。因为这是她出生时他们对她说的第一句话。
Here.you go first. 这里。 你先来。
This will teach that skank a lesson. 这将给那个缺德鬼一个教训。
Shaving cream in her locker? 往储物柜弄剃须膏?
Just stand over there and yell if someone’s coming.站那,如果有人来救喊。
She might have homework assignments in there. She hasn’t handed in yet. Haley! 她可能还有家庭作业在里面。 她都没交呢。
Someone’s coming! Run! 有人来了! 快跑!
This way, this way! 这里! 这里!
Okay, okay, okay! 好吧,好吧, 好吧!
Where are we? 我们在哪?
Boy’s locker room.男生衣帽间
It smells like feet. 闻起来有股脚臭味
That’s not feet. Okay, come here. 那不是脚臭味。好了,过来。
I’m so scared.我很害怕。
Just go to your happy place. 想想你开心的地方
We just broke into my happy place. 我们刚闯进了我开心的地方
Who’s there? 谁在那里?
Go, go, run, run! Not so loud! Run! Run! 快快,跑跑! 别那么大声! 快跑! 快跑!
Life这里不是指人生、生活,而是事情making my life difficult那事情搞得很难做
Hand in 上交(作业、拾到的失物等);提出(辞职);递交(辞呈)
lock room(学校、体育馆等设有锁柜的)更衣室,衣物间
Break in闯进;心已破碎
So, how you doing? 所以,你现在怎么样?
Oh, not good. I’m just glad my clown training prepared me to take a fall like that. 哦,不好。 我只是庆幸我的小丑训练让我那样跌跟头了。
Yeah, and in terms of talking about it. Are we looking at weeks, months. 是啊,而且也一直在这些。我们打算说几周、还是几个月呢?
Do not minimize it, you, who I had to rush to the emergency room that time you fell out of your clogs. 别把它不当回事,你,你当初穿木屐跌倒还让我不得不敢去急诊室呢。
There’s your bubbly water with lemon. 这是你的气泡水加柠檬。
Thank you ,Jay. 谢谢,杰。
How you doin’? 你怎么样?
It’s hard to tell. You know, anytime you have a catastrophic injury to your lumbar are— 很难说。你懂的,无论何时你的腰部收到重大损伤是—
I could use a little piece of lumbar myself right now. 我现在都能说自己的腰是小蛮腰了。
Well, I hope you’re comfortable now making my family Lily’s guardians. 行了,现在你如愿让自己的家人当莉莉的监护人了。
HOLA, HOLA! 你好!你好!
You’re forgetting about gloria. Even you had to admit how amazing she is with lily. Mm! Look who’s so pretty! 你忘了葛罗莉亚。连你都得承认她和莉莉在一起多棒。看谁最漂亮。
Oh, my god! 哦,天呐!
Gloria, what did you do? 葛罗莉亚,你做了什么?
What I told you. 我跟你说过啊。
You pierced her ears?! 你给她穿耳洞了?
What I said—I was going to make her pretty with earrings. 正如我之前所言—我要用耳环让她更漂亮。
I thought you said “Hair rings.” 我以为你说“发环”。
What are hair rings? 什么是发环?
Yes, Mitchell, what are hair rings? 对啊,米切尔,什么是发环?
Something that you would tie your hair back—She said it! 把头发往后扎的东西—她说了呀。
I didn’t say ‘Hair rings.” I said “Earrings.” You don’t like? 我没说“发环”,我说的是“耳环”。
Of course not. You punctured our daughter! 当然没有。你在我们女儿身上扎孔了!
But did you see Both sides? I didn’t just do the gay ear. look. 但你看是两边哦,我没有只给她扎同性恋的耳朵。
Oh, my god. 哦, 天呐。
Terms期间一段时间
talk about 这才叫…;真是
fall跌倒
Minimize使减少到最低限度;降低;贬低;使显得不重要;
Clogs木底鞋;木鞋;木屐
catastrophic 糟糕的
lumbar 腰部
Pierce扎;刺破;穿透 pierce ear穿耳洞
Puncture 刺孔
I actually- I think we’re good. Let’s just wait in here for Gabby, okay? 我真的—我认为我们挺好的。就在这等盖比吧,好吗?
Oh, my god! I can’t believe we just did that. Can you believe we just did that? 哦,天呐!我不敢相信我尽然这么做了。你相信我们刚才做的吗?
Yeah, we had a lot of fun. Let’s not geek it up. 是啊,我们玩的很开心。别再大惊小怪了。
Wait. What if I have a taste for it now? Am I gonna start doing stuff like that all the time? 等等。要是我喜欢这么干了怎么办? 我会开始一直这么干吗?
Calm down. You just did one bad thing. 冷静点,你只是做了件坏事。
Two. 2件。
I skipped my cello lesson today. That wasn’t even where my teacher lives. 我今天逃了大提琴课。
You ditched a class? 你逃客了?
Well, I didn’t have time to practice because of lacrosse and debate team and— 呃,我没时间练习,因为长曲棍球和辩论队还有—
Do you even like playing the cello? 你喜欢演奏大提琴吗?
Yeah. 当然。
Alex? 亚力克斯
I hate it. 我讨厌。
So quit.那就别练了。
I’ve never quit anything. You’ve never broke into a school before. Just did that. 我从不放弃任何事。 你还从没闯入过学校呢。别练了。
No offense, but the family’s hopes and dreams are kind of pinned on me.
没有冒犯的意思,但家里希望和梦想可都在我身上。
I’m just saying that no one would blame you if you stopped so perfect. It actually would take a lot of pressure off of me. I did something bad, too… something that nobody knows. 我是说如果你不再那么完美也没人会责怪你。我也做了件坏事… 还没人知道。
What?什么
Come here.过来
I can’t say it too loud, okay? 我得小声说,懂吗。
What did you do? 你做了什么啦?
Geek很古怪
Skip lesson 翘课= ditch class
Ditch抛弃;甩掉;与…断交
Debate team辩论小组
Pin on把(责任等)强加于(某人)
Taste for爱好;喜爱
break into闯入
Phil, I’m just not sure you understand why I said what I said. 菲尔,我只是不能肯定你懂为什么我这么说
There are qualities about me you wish you could change. But you can’t ‘cause I’m all grown up. But it’s not too Late for Luke. 你希望我很多地方多能改,但是你不能因为我已经彻底长大了。但是卢克还来得及改。
Okay. Honey, there are a hundred things about Luke that he gets from you that I absolutely love. It’s just this—this one tinny part that I’m sure if I could just get in there and just…ee! 好吧,亲爱的,卢克从你身上学到的100件事我都爱极了。我敢肯定,这件极小事如果能做到—件极…
Claire… he’s a great kid. He’s gonna be fine. 克莱尔… 他是个好孩子。他会没事的。
I know. I think I know. I feel terrible that we fought in front of him. Did he say anything about that on the drive here? 我知道。我想我知道。在他面看吵架我感觉很不好。 你开车过来的时候他有说什么吗?
How would I know? He rode with you. 我怎么知道。你带的他。
He didn’t drive with me. He drove with you. 他没坐我的车。他坐你的车了。
Drive with u=ride with u坐你的车
Just admit it— you want Lily raised by anyone but my family. 就承认吧—你愿意让任何人抚养莉莉出了我的家人。
It’s just so far away from everything she knows. And then there’s the crazy aunt and the frozen cows.只是那的一切离她太遥远了。然后还有狂热的阿姨和冻住的牛。
Oh, please. In the last hour. Your father publicly shamed Manny, drop me from the sky, while his wife drills holes in our baby’s head. 哦,摆脱。过去一小时,你老爸当众羞辱曼尼,把我从天上摔下来,与此同时他老婆还在我们宝贝脑袋上钻了孔。
Which is why I think we should revisit Claire and Phil. 为什么我们不从访克莱尔和菲尔那呢。
Where are my keys? 我的钥匙在哪?
We left Luke alone in a parking garage. 我们把卢克独自留在停车场了。
Parking garage 停车库;停车场
we don’t know the whole story. 我们对整件事还不清楚。
Don’t we? 是吗?
Whose car we are taking? 我们开哪辆车?
Mine, 我的
Then I’m driving! 那我开车
Hey, mom! 嘿,妈妈!
Buddy! 伙计!
Luke? 卢克?
Thank you so much. 非常感谢你。
Honey, get out of there. 亲爱的,快下来。
Thank you. 谢谢你。
I’m so sorry. We are so sorry. 对不起。我们真的很抱歉。
Oh, buddy, you must’ve been so scared. 哦,伙计,你一定很害怕。
No.没有。
Oh, god.哦,天哪。
Well, what happened? 发生了什么?
Well, I knew you’d come back. then you didn’t. So I had to find a phone. That’s when I saw a stray dog and played with him for a while. Then I thought I was Mrs. Morgan, my first-grade teacher, going into a church. It wasn’t her, but there was a wedding there. That’s where I met the Litcaks. 我知道你们会回来的,但是你们没有。所以我就去找电话。我看到只流浪狗就和它玩了一会,然后我以为我看见了摩根太太,就是一年级的老师,她去了教堂。那不是她,但那里有场婚礼。我就遇到了里塔克一家。
Oh, thank you! Thank you so much. 哦太感谢了!非常感谢!
Can I go get a drink? 我能去弄点喝的吗?
Yes, you can. You can drink whatever you want! There’s tons of soda in there. 当然可以。你想喝什么就喝什么。这有一大推苏打水。
What an amazing kid! I can’t believe I ever worried about him out in the world. That’s what I do, though, isn’t it? I worry—I think about a tiny, little thing, and then I obsess on it, until, suddenly, it’s the only thing I can think about. God, please don’t let me screw up our son. 多了不起的孩子啊。不敢相信我竟然担心他在外面。我就是这么干的,不是吗?我担心—我为一点小事就费心思,然后钻牛角尖,直到刚才我唯一能担心的事就是上帝啊,别让我毁了我们的孩子。
You know what else he’s gonna be okay? 你知道无论如何他都会没事的。
No. 不知道。
Because somewhere out there is a worried little girl who’s making lists and labeling bins, and he’s gonna find her. 因为在某个角落会有个爱操心的小姑娘,列好清单、做好垃圾分类,他会找到她的 。
stray 走失
Obsess使)着迷;(使)迷恋;(使)心神不宁
Screw up弄糟;搞乱;毁坏
Labeling bins垃圾分类
Cam? I know you’re kind of down on Jay being Lily’s guardian. 卡?我知道你有点不愿意让杰做莉莉的监护人
Now, that’s not anything you need to worry about, Manny. 这事和你没关系,曼尼。
I just think you’re being too hard on him. We had a little chat in the car.我只是觉得你对他有点不公平,我们在车里聊了会。
I’m sorry I let you down, Jay. I’m starting to think if I couldn’t even get up that wall. Then why am I even going on this… 我很抱歉让你失望了杰。 我开始觉得如果我连那堵墙都爬不上。那么我还怎么去…
Knock it off, Manny. Now, why are you trying to get out of this trip? 打住,曼尼。现在告诉我,你为什么不想去露营。
I’m not. I’m excited to go— 我没有。我很高兴去—
Manny.曼尼。
Okay.好吧。
I have some concerns about the shower situation. 我很担心洗澡的场景。
Oh, because? 哦,因为什么?
Well, I’m pretty much at my target weight. 我基本上达到了目标体重。
That’s good. 挺好啊。
But the thing is. I haven’t quite reached my target height. 但问题是,我距离目标身高还远着呢。
Got it. All right, first of all, you don’t have to go. I’ll write you a note. We’ll plan on doing something fun this weekend. 懂了。行吧,首先你不必去。我会给你写张条子。我们计划下周末做点有意思的。
Really? 真的?
You bet.当然。
And you’re not mad at me? 你不生我气?
Look, if you were a different kid, I’d give you the speech— you know, “ we all have insecurities. You’ve got to be brave here. ”But let’ face is—you’re already about the bravest kid I know… 瞧,如果你是其他孩子,我会和你谈谈-你懂的,“我们都有缺乏自信, 你得敢于面对。”但事实上你是我见过最勇敢的孩子。
I am?我是吗?
Come on. 得了吧。
You wear blazers to school. You play the pan flute, you read poetry to girls. I couldn’t even talk to girls when I was your age. The shower thing’s nothing compared to all that. So whatever you decide, I’m behind you. No. I got that set up just right. I told you about that before. 你穿着运动夹克去学校。你演奏排笛,你为女孩们读诗。我在你的岁数都不敢和女孩说话。洗澡的事和这些不能比。所以无论你怎么决定我都支持。别 ,那个我设置好了。我和你说过的。
Jay said that? 杰这么说的?
Yeah, and he wasn’t drinking or anything. 嗯,而且也没喝酒什么的。
So, what are you gonna do? 那你准备怎么做?
I think I’m gonna go. I mean, if Reuben can go with that extra nipple… 我应该会去。 我的意思是如果鲁本多个乳头都能去…
I’m proud of you, Manny. You’re doing the right thing, trust me. 我为你感到骄傲,曼尼。你做的很对,相信我。
down on 看不起;轻视;打击;减少
Knock it off停止干扰;打住
Blazers(尤指学童和运动队成员穿的)运动夹克,运动上衣
Pan flute排笛
pretty much差不多;基本上
I mean, what were you thinking, Gloria? 我说真的,你在想什么啊葛罗莉亚?
Ay, Mitch, I said I was sorry. But I had them since I was 2—huge ones. 米奇,我道过歉了。但是我2岁就有了,而且很大个呢。
What is she— 她在说
Earrings, Phil, earring. 耳环,菲尔,是耳环。
Mitchell, I just wanted to tell you how really touched I was you’d want me to lily’s guardian. 米切尔,我只想说你们想让我当莉莉的监护人我真的很感动。
Oh, you’re welcome. And you’re out. 没事,再说你们已经出局了。
Excuse me. I have a very important announcement to make. 打扰了。 我有很重要的事要宣布。
Oh, sorry. Sorry, so rude. Totally inexcusable. Hello! 哦,抱歉。真抱歉,真是太无理了。不可原谅啊。
Mitchell and I have decided that, if god forbid anything should happen to us— 米切尔和我决定,上帝保佑最好不要,如果真有不幸发生在我们身上—
You don’t have to do this right now. 你没必要现在做决定。
No. 不。
We would like to Jay and gloria to be lily’s guardians. 我们希望杰和葛罗莉亚做莉莉的监护人。
Cam?卡?
It’s the right decision. 这是明智的决定
That is great news! Lily, when something horrible happens, you’re going to be all mine. 真是个好消息! 莉莉,如果遭遇不幸,你就完全属于我了。
It really is an “if” situation. 这真的只是万不得已的情况下
All mine. 我的了。
I don’t mean to ruin this really beautiful moment. But were Phil and I even considered for the position?
Claire. I mean, we’re the parents of three healthy, well-adjusted children who- 我不是想破坏这美好的时刻,但是菲尔和我都没被考虑过吗?我们可是是3个健康、适应能力极强的孩子的父母啊。
Honey, we need to go down to the police station. Our daughters just vandalized the school.亲爱的,我们必须去趟警署。我们的女儿刚因蓄意破坏学校设施被捕。
this is not over. 这事还没完。
Let’s go see your new room, Liliana. 我们去看看新房间吧,莉莉安娜。
No, it’s not her name. 那不是她的名字。
vandalize蓄意破坏
Bail on放弃;背弃;抛弃
What are you doing home? 你怎么在家?
I bailed on yoga. 我没去瑜伽课
Could you go to the mailbox and get me— 你能去邮箱替我—
No, why can’t I just come in? 怎么了,为什么不让我进去。
You can. I just 你进啊, 我只是。
Cameron? 卡梅伦
What? 干嘛?
Look at me.看着我。
I am.我在看。
What did you do? 你做了什么。
I am home alone for a lot of hours. 我都在家一个人待了好几个小时了
Carmen Miranda? 卡门·米兰达
I just wanted a couple before the holes closed up. 我只是想在耳洞愈合前照几张。
All right, just get one with me really quick. 行,快给我也照一张
All right . Hey! One for daddy!行,嘿!给爸爸来一张。