【译文】Don’t start a business until people are asking you to

译文及生词短语整理:朗读者小组

早上好~

我对这篇文章其实不完全认同,因为很多时候用户是不会主动来找你说我有这个需求的,而很多用户觉得有需求的东西,操作上也未必是一个好的项目。

但我可以理解作者的意思其实是不要去执着一些想象中的需求,要去找真实的需求。这个是没问题的,市场调研这个部门摆着就说明了这个的重要性哈~

Translation


Don’t start a business until people are asking you to

直到有人要求你的时候再创业

By Derek Sivers


【译文】Don’t start a business until people are asking you to_第1张图片

When you bake a cake, you need to do first things first.

当你烤面包的时候,你需要先做一些准备工作。

You need to get the ingredients before you turn on the oven.

比如,在你打开烤箱之前,你需要先准备好面粉等材料。

You need to bake it before you frost it and slice it.

在你把面包放凉并切片之前,你需要先烘焙面包。

I meet a lot of people who want to start a business.

我遇到很多想要创业的人。

Some don’t have an idea yet. I don’t understand this. It’s like wanting to wear a bandage when you don’t have a wound.

其中有些人连想法都还没有就想创业,对此我很不理解,因为这就像是身上没有伤口而想要先打个绷带玩儿。

Most have an idea but no customers. For them I always say, “Don’t start a business until people are asking you to.”

其中大多数人有想法但是没有真实顾客,对这些人我总是说:“直到有人要求你的时候再创业”

This is not meant to be discouraging. It just means you need to get the ingredients before you turn on the oven.

这并不意味着我想让你失去创业的信心,只是说你需要在打开烤箱之前,先准备好面粉等材料。

First you find real people whose problem you can solve. You listen deeply to find their dream scenario. You make sure they’re happy to pay you enough.

首先,找到现实中实实在在的人,他们有痛点而你可以帮他们解决这个痛点,你认真倾听他们的心声并找到他们梦寐以求的解决方案,你要确保他们愿意为此花足够多的钱给你。

Don’t announce anything. Don’t choose a name. Don’t make a website. Don’t build a system. You need to be free to completely change or ditch your idea.

不要上来就宣布你的创业信息,不要上来就选好名字,不要上来就做好网站,不要上来就先把系统做好,你需要时间自由地深度挖掘,甚至完全改变你的想法。

Then you get your first paying customer. Provide a one-on-one personal service.

然后你获取到你第一个付费用户,你对他提供一对一个人服务。

Then you get another paying customer. Prove a real demand.

然后你获取到第二个付费用户,从而证明你做的是真正有需求的产品。

Then, as late as possible, you officially start your business.

再然后,你再正式地创办你的企业,而这个过程越晚越好。


New words


1.ingredient [ɪnˈgri:diənt] 

n. 原料;要素;组成部分

e.g.You need a third ingredient: abuse or violence in one's childhood.

你需要有第三个要素: 在童年时期受到虐待或暴力。


2.frost [frɒst] 

vt. 结霜于;冻坏 vi. 结霜;受冻 n. 霜;冰冻,严寒;冷淡

e.g.The flowers in the garden died from frost.


3.slice [slaɪs] 

n. 薄片;部分;菜刀,火铲 vt. 切下;把…分成部分;将…切成薄片 vi. 切开;割破

e.g.Attributes from any of the levels above the slice can be included to provide additional descriptions orinformation to the user.

这个切片之上的任何级的属性可以包含在其中,从而向用户提供额外的描述或信息。


4.bandage [ˈbændɪdʒ] 

n. 绷带 vt. 用绷带包扎

e.g.Blood started from the bandage.

血从绷带上又渗了出来。


5.scenario  英[sɪˈnɑ:riəʊ]  美[səˈnærioʊ] 

n. 方案;情节;剧本

e.g.In this scenario, a user retrieves data from the database with no locks.

在此方案中,用户从数据库中检索数据而不加任何锁。


Phrases


1.bake a cake 烘蛋糕

2.be free to 自由去做…,任意


本译文仅供个人研习、欣赏语言之用,谢绝任何转载及用于任何商业用途。本译文所涉法律后果均由本人承担。本人同意平台在接获有关著作权人的通知后,删除文章。

你可能感兴趣的:(【译文】Don’t start a business until people are asking you to)