Well, I get fair puckled this stretch of the road. |
因为舟车劳顿我呼吸有点困难而已 |
It happens every year... |
每年这个季节 |
the same season. |
都会这样 |
Something in the wind sets my lungs afire. |
空气里有什么东西让我的肺难受 |
I think I may be able to help you. |
我或许可以帮你 |
Do you have a pipe I could borrow? |
你有烟斗可以借我一用吗 |
Aye, a pipe. |
烟斗我有 |
You'd have me smoke a pipe for a cough, eh? |
我咳嗽你要让我抽烟治疗吗 |
It's something of a paradox, eh? |
这好像有点说不通啊 |
You'll see. |
你等着瞧好了 |
Aye. |
好吧 |
There you are. |
给你 |
It's thorn apple. |
这是曼陀罗花 |
Thorn apple, okay. |
曼陀罗花好吧 |
- Take that. - Okay. |
-拿着-好 |
Thorn apple you say. |
你说是曼陀罗花 |
Is that an English thing? |
是英格兰才有的东西吗 |
Also known as Jimsonweed. |
又叫醉心花 |
The herb had medicinal properties |
这种草具有药用价值 |
that would relieve the symptoms of asthma. |
可以缓解哮喘症状 |
Ooh. Ah, well... |
这个嘛... |
How's that? |
感觉如何 |
That's remarkable. |
太厉害了 |
Aye, pack up. We're leaving. |
收拾一下我们上路 |
I'm curious, Mr. Gowan, |
我很好奇高恩先生 |
what possessed a man of your qualifications |
拥有你这样资历的人为什么会 |
to take up a post in these remote Highlands. |
来到遥远的苏格兰高地就职 |
Well, as a young man, I studied law |
我年轻时曾在爱丁堡大学 |
at the University of Edinburgh. |
学习法律 |
I had a small practice |
我以前开过一个小事务所 |
with lace curtains in the window, |
窗户上挂着蕾丝窗帘 |
shiny brass plate with my name on it on the door. |
门上闪亮的黄铜铭牌上写着我的名字 |
That sounds charming. |
听起来很美好 |
Oh, it was. It was. |
没错的确是 |
But I grew restless. |
但我逐渐不甘于此 |
I must confess to having |
必须承认 |
something of a taste for adventure. |
我喜欢冒险 |
So I determined the best course was to head off northwards, |
我想着最好的路线是一路向北 |
up here into the Highlands. |
就到了高地 |
And I thought that I might induce some clan chief |
然后我想也许我能说服宗族首领 |
to allow me to serve him. |
让我为他工作 |
Colum Mackenzie, I take it. |
我想是卡伦·麦肯齐吧 |
Oh, no, no, no, no, no. |
不不不不不 |
His father, Jacob. Oh, no. |
是他的父亲雅各布 |
I'm much older than I appear, lassie. |
我比我看上去要老得多小姑娘 |
完整版请点击 |
|
but, of course, things were much less civilized then. |
当然了那时候这里还不太开化 |
Back then, when men were men |
那时候男人就是男人 |
and the pernicious weed of civilization |
文明的毒种 |
was less rampant upon the wild, |
还没在这片宁静又祥和的 |
bonny face of this land. |
土地上蔓延 |
Ah, you may be a man of the law, sir, |
你可能是法律的执行者先生 |
but you've the soul of a romantic. |
但你骨子里透着浪漫 |
Although this newfound kinship with Ned |
虽然和奈德新建立的亲密关系 |
would make life on the road more tolerable, |
能让我在路上的生活更好过点 |
I could not allow it to distract me from my quest |
但我不允许它分散我想回到 |
to get back to the standing stones at Craigh Nu Dun |
克雷尼顿的巨石圈 |
and return to my own 20th-century life. |
回到我在20世纪的生活的念头 |
Old granny-- |
老奶奶 |
so old granny Mary-- |
然后玛丽奶奶 |
old granny Mary's gettin' ready for bed, |
玛丽奶奶准备睡觉了 |
and she says to her husband, |
然后她问她丈夫 |
"when you first saw me naked, |
"你第一次看到我裸体时 |
what were you thinkin'?" |
你在想什么" |
And he says, |
然后他说 |
"I wanted to suck your paps dry. |
"我想把你的奶子吸尽 |
I wanted to swive you until you were a worn-out husk." |
我想操你直到把你榨干 |
and she says to him, |
然后她又问他 |
"and what are you thinkin' now?" |
"那你现在有什么想法" |
and he looks at her and says, |
他看着她说 |
"looks like I've done a fine job." |
"看来我干得不错啊" |
I wasn't offended by the lewdness of their jokes |
我并没有因为他们讲的那些下流笑话 |
or squeamish over the fact that my dinner looked like |
或者晚餐像一只干枯的复活节兔子令人反胃 |
a shriveled Easter rabbit, |
而感到生气 |
nor was I too dainty to sleep on a pillow made of stone. |
我也不会那么挑剔拒绝睡在石头枕头上 |
What troubled me was that they were clearly |
我难过的是他们讲盖尔语 |
using Gaelic to exclude me. |
来排挤我 |
I just had to remember my time with them |
我只能提醒自己很快就能 |
would be over soon. |
跟他们分开了 |
Being on the road was my chance to escape. |
我可以在路上伺机逃跑 |
Dinna worry what they're sayin', lass. |
别在意他们说的小姑娘 |
They hate me. |
他们讨厌我 |
They don't trust you. |
他们只是不相信你 |
Maybe Angus hates you, but he hates everyone. |
也许安格斯讨厌你但他谁都讨厌 |
What about you? |
那你呢 |
Do you think I'm a spy for the British? |
你觉得我是英格兰人的间谍吗 |
No. |
不 |
But I do think there are things you're not tellin' us, |
但我的确觉得你对我们隐瞒了些事 |
and I know you tried to run durin' the gatherin'. |
我知道集会时你曾打算逃跑 |
It's on your mind still, plain and clear. |
而且现在仍未打消这个念头都写你脸上呢 |
It's been a long day. |
今天真是漫长的一天 |
Well, ye did ask. |
是你要问我的 |
Alastair! |
阿拉斯泰尔 |
I hear you and the wife have another one on the way. |
我听说你妻子又怀上了 |
You're a beast of a man. |
你真是个野兽 |
I'm a Mackenzie, ye ken. |
你知道我可是麦肯齐家的人 |
- And how was the harvest? - Very good. |
-收成怎么样-非常好 |
I bring two bags of grain, six shilling. |
我带了两袋粮食六先令 |
Fine, six shillings. |
很好六先令 |
That's two bags of grain and six shillings. |
两袋粮食六先令 |
- Trust we'll see you tonight? - Aye, of course. |
-今晚你来吗-当然 |
Good man. |
很好 |
And it'll be your usual, then-- |
跟往常一样 |
eggs, cabbage, and... |
一些鸡蛋卷心菜还有 |
Oh, and who do we have here? |
看看这是谁来了 |
- You couldn't be Beathan's boy. - Aye. |
-你真是彼森家的儿子吗-是 |
Well, time lets the truth slip, ye ken. |
孩子那现在该把真相告诉你了 |
Looks like your mother let a big, brawny fellow in |
肯定是你妈趁你老爹不主意的时候 |
while your father wasn't lookin'. |
让一个壮汉子上了自己的床 |
As the old cock craws. |
就在那老公鸡打鸣的时候 |
Oh, is that right? |
真的吗 |
There's a bag of oat. |
一口袋燕麦 |
Marcas, you limmer, it's good to see you. |
马卡斯你个臭娘炮见到你真高兴 |
What've you got for me? |
你给我拿什么来了 |
Two fat pigs and a fine goat. |
两头肥猪和一只细毛羊 |
Hello. |
好啊 |
That's two fat pigs and a fine goat. |
两只肥猪和一只细毛山羊 |
We'll see you tonight. You'll join me for a dram? |
今晚见要不要加入我的好戏 |
- Aye! - Good. |
-当然-太好了 |
I thought you said no pigs. |
你不是说不要猪的吗 |
Aye, I did, didn't I? |
是啊可不是吗 |
Duncan, thank you. |
谢谢你邓肯 |