Elephant

This is got to dieThis is got to stop

这一切终将消散停止

This has got to lie down

这时要有人屈服

Someone else on top

让另一人高高在上

You can keep me pinned

你可以继续把我的躯体死死钉住

It's easier to tease

这样可以更好的嘲谑

But you can't paint an elephant

但你却无法绘出一头大象

Quite as good as she

同她的一样栩栩如生

And she may cry like a baby

她有时也会如婴儿般哭得泣不成声

And she may drive me Crazy

有时也令我神魂颠倒

'Cause I am lately lonely

可能因为我近来时常茕茕孑立吧

So why d'you have to lie?

你何必欺瞒与我?

I take it I'm your crutch

我想我是你精神的拐杖

The pillow in your pillow case

是你枕套里的枕芯

It's easier to touch

更从容简单地去抚摸

And when you think you've sinned

当你认识到自己身负罪孽

Do you fall upon your knees?

你是否会跪下双膝祈求宽恕?

And do you sit within your picture?

或者是耽溺于你所作的画?

Do you still forget the breeze?

仍旧记不得那如微风吹拂般的悸动?

And she may rise' if I sing you down

如果我的歌声中没有你(放得下你),我或许会真正地关心她

And she may wisely cling to the ground

她也许也明智地降低自己的地位

Cause I'm lately horny

因为我近来实在是欲火中烧

So why would she take me horny?

她为何让我如此欲火焚身?

What's the point of this song? Or even singing?

这首歌有何意义?或只是在无病呻吟?

You've already gone' why am I clinging?

你早已离我远去,我又为何纠缠不休?

Well I could throw it out' and I could live without

好吧,我可以抛弃这沉重的枷锁,没有它我也能活下去

And I could do it all for you

我甘心情愿的为你付出所有

I could be strong

我能不再软弱

Tell me if you want me to lie

告诉我吧,你是否想让我欺骗你

'Cause this has got to die

因为这些终究会烟消云散

This has got to stop

这些终究会停止不前

This has got to lie down' down

必须要有人屈服了

With someone else on top

成全另一人高高在上

You can both keep me pinned

你们两个都能让我泥泽深陷,无法自拔

'Cause it's easier to tease

这样就可以更好的戏虐于我

But you can't make me happy

但是你们都无法令我

Quite as good as me

比自娱自乐时更开心

Well you know that's a lie

好吧,一切不过只是自欺欺人的谎言罢了

                                    Damien Rice

你可能感兴趣的:(Elephant)