Relationship Advice关系的建议
Hey, Steven, you know I’m your friend, right?嘿,史蒂文,你知道我是你的朋友,对吧?
Sure, I know that.当然,我知道。
What are you trying to say?你想说什么?
I’m sorry to say this, but I think you are making a fool of yourself.我很抱歉这么说,但我认为你在愚弄自己
How am I making a fool of myself?我怎么出洋相了?
Your girlfriend is taking advantage of you.你的女朋友在利用你。
Taking advantage of me?占我便宜?
Yes, I think so.是的,我想是的。
She's just using you.她只是在利用你。
To make a fool of someone means to make them look stupid.
make a fool of someone意思是使某人看起来很愚蠢。
So, maybe she is.所以,也许她是。
But I don’t mind.但我不介意。
Even if she is using me, it’s ok.就算她利用我,也没关系。
I’m using her too.我也在利用她。
What do you mean?你是什么意思?
Aren’t you in love with her?你不是爱上她了吗?
Yes, I’m in love with her.是的,我爱上她了。
But that doesn’t mean that I’m not using her too.但这并不意味着我不用她。
Steven doesn't mind if his girlfriend is using him.史蒂文不介意他的女朋友利用他。
I don’t understand.我不明白你的意思。
What do you mean?你是什么意思?
Maybe I’m using her because I enjoy being in love.也许我利用她是因为我喜欢恋爱。
I can’t imagine life without her.我无法想象没有她的生活。
Even if she hurts me sometimes, I love her.即使她有时伤害我,我还是爱她。
What can't imagine? life without his girlfriend无法想象什么?没有女友的生活
Do you trust her?你信任她吗?
Yes, I trust her.是的,我相信她。
She tells me what’s important to her.她告诉我什么对她重要。
She’s honest with me.她对我很诚实。
She has never lied to me about anything important.她从未在任何重要的事情上对我撒谎。
To trust someone means you can believe what they say or promise to do.相信某人意味着你可以相信他们说的话或承诺做的事。
Are you honest with her?你对她诚实吗?
Yes, we are honest with each other, even when it hurts.是的,我们彼此坦诚相待,即使是在伤害对方的时候。
And because we’re honest with each other, we trust each other.因为我们彼此诚实,我们彼此信任。
OK, so you don’t think you’re being taken advantage of.好吧,你不认为你被利用了
No, I don’t, as long as she is honest with me.不,我没有,只要她对我诚实。
The day she isn’t honest with me, will be the end of our relationship.她对我不诚实的那一天,将是我们关系的结束。
And when that happens, my heart will break.当那发生的时候,我的心会碎的。
But until then, I’m her man.当那发生的时候,我的心会碎的。
What would happened if she isn't honest with him? Their relationship will end.如果她对他不诚实,会发生什么事?他们的关系将会结束。
OK, I think I understand.好的,我想我明白了。
I didn’t think you knew what was going on.我以为你不知道发生了什么事
I’m not as stupid as my look, my friend.我没有我的外表那么蠢,我的朋友
Being in love with her, makes my life exciting.爱上她,让我的生活变得精彩。
Well, I hope you’re right.我希望你是对的。
What makes his life exciting? being in love with her什么使他的生活令人兴奋?爱上她
Their relationship will end when she is no longer honest with him.当她不再对他诚实时,他们的关系就结束了。