Part 1 Pronunciation
- Oh my! l'm so so sorry!
天哪!太太太抱歉了!
- lt's OK. lt's just coffee.
没事。只是咖啡而已。
-Let me get you a wet towel.I hope it won't stain your shirt!
我给你拿条湿毛巾。希望不会把你的衬衣弄脏了!
- lt's cool. l'll just go to the restroom and run some water on it.
没事的。我去洗手间洗一-下就行了。
- I feel bad. I was so preoccupied that I tuned out everything around me.
我感到很内疚。刚才想事情太入神了,都没注意到周围的一切。
- Tell me about it. Ha ha, I've been there
before!
你算说对了。哈哈,我也这样过!
Part 2 Comprehension
1. Oh my! I'm so so sorry!天哪!太太太抱歉了!
Oh, my!天哪!
my (表感叹)
so so sorry (进一步加强道歉的语气)
2. It's OK. It's just coffee.没事。只是咖啡而已。
3. Let me get you a wet towel. I hope it won't stain your shirt!
我给你拿条湿毛巾。希望不会把你的衬衣弄脏了!
Let me get you +物品.让我给你拿...
Let me get you an umbrella.让我给你拿把伞。
stain (v.) (被)玷污,留下污渍
stain sth弄脏某物
I hope it won't stain the carpet.我希望它不要把地毯弄脏。
4. It's cool. I'll just go to the restroom and run some water on it.
没事的。我去洗手间洗一-下就行了。
It's cool.
①没事的/没关系。
②太酷了1太棒了。
No harm done.没关系。
harm (n.)危害,损害
go to the restroom去洗手间
restroom(n.) (公共)洗手间
bathroom (n.)浴室,洗澡间
I'm going to run some water on it.,我打算洗一下它。
rinse (v.) (用清水)冲洗
rinse sth冲洗某物
Let me just rinse my hands.让我先去洗个手。
rinse sth out冲洗,涮洗... 的内部
Rinse the cup out before use it.用这个杯子前先冲洗--下。
freshen (oneself) up梳洗打扮
freshen (v.)使洁净,使凉爽
I need to freshen up after my journey.长途跋涉后,我需要先梳洗一下。
5. I feel bad. I was so preoccupied that I tuned out everything around me.
我感到很内疚。刚才想事情太入神了,都没注意到周围的一切。
I feel bad.我感到很内疚。
so...that...太...以至于...
sb be so preoccupied that +句子.某人太入神了以至于...
preoccupied (adj.)全神贯注的,入神的
be preoccupied with... 对...入神,对...全神贯注
sb be so preoccupied with sth that +句子.
某人...太入神了,以至于...
He was so preoccupied with his own thoughts that he didn't notice anything
wrong. ,
他只顾着想自己的事以至于没注意到工作上的问题。
tune out不理睬,思想开小差,走神
When our English teacher started class,he tuned out.
英语老师一.上课,他就走神。
6. And the next, we're wrapped up in our work or preoccupied with our own problems.
下一刻,我们又全身心投入工作或者专心解决自己的问题。
sb be wrapped up in sth / sb.
某人把全部精力投入到某事上/某人身上。
wrap (v.)用...包裹,用...覆盖
Parents are always wrapped up in their
children.
父母总是把精力都放在孩子身上。
7. It also faces the television at a direct angle, allowing me to immerse myself in entertainment or game play without being subjected to conversation.
而且正对着电视,我能专心看电视或者打游戏,不受到谈话干扰。
immerse (v.)使沉浸于
immerse oneself in sth
使某人自己完全沉浸于某事
I immerse myself in English study.我沉浸在英语学习里。
be immersed in...沉浸于...
Girls are always immersed in taking pictures.
女孩子们总是沉浸于拍照。angle (n.)角,角度
at a direct angle正对着
entertainment (n.) 娱乐,娱乐节目
be subjected to sth受到..的影响
8. Tell me about it. Ha ha, I've been there before!
你算说对了。哈哈,我也这样过!
Tell me about it.你算是说对了。
You're telling me!你说的就是!
Amen to that!我同意!
I've been there before!我也这样过!
Part 3 Prison Break ( 越狱 )
1. I was an ass before. I apologize.我以前是个白痴,我道歉。
ass (n.)笨蛋,傻瓜
make an ass of oneself 做蠢事,出洋相,闹笑话
Someone might make an ass of himself
when he has too much to drink.
有的人喝多了就可能会闹笑话/出洋相。
2. I'm not gonna argue with you. 我不和你争。
argue with sb.与某人争论,争吵
argue about/ over...就..争论
Children always argue about / over which program to watch when they get together.
当孩子们一起看电视时,总是会为看哪个节目而争论。
quarrel with sb与某人争论,争吵
3. Well, what are the odds you were actually a doctor!
我是说,你居然是个医生让我大吃一惊!
odds (n.)可能性,几率
what are the odds几率有多大引申为:难以置信
I met a friend on the street abroad, what are the odds!
我在国外的街头竟然偶遇了一位老友,太难以置信了!
4. And I should not have interrupted you,and I'm sorry.
我不该打断你,我很抱歉。
interrupt (v.)打断(其他人说话)
sb should not have done sth.某人本不该做某事。
I should not have stayed up last night.我昨天不该熬夜的。