读书笔记

这周的书没看完,一段摘抄送给自己

I do not choose to be a common person.

我不选择做一名普通人。

It is my right to be uncommon—if I can.

我就是我,我选择成为最好的自己。

I seek opportunity—not security.

我寻找机会,而非安稳。

I do not wish to be a kept citizen,

我不想成为温室里的花朵,

humbled and dulled by having the state look after me.

麻木不仁地接受社会的照顾。

I want to take the calculated risk,

我想要有意识地冒险。

to dream and to build,

去梦想,去创造,

to fail and to succeed.

去失败,去成功。

I refuse to barter incentive for a dole;

我拒绝施舍,我选择自立自强。

I prefer the challenges of life to the guaranteed existence;

我宁愿选择充满挑战的人生,绝不万无一失地活着;

the thrill of fulfillment to the stale calm of Utopia.

与其无所事事地幻想,不如激动得酣畅淋漓。

I will not trade my freedom for beneficence

我不会拿我的自由换取恩惠。

nor my dignity for a handout.

也不会拿我的崇高换取救济。

I will never cower before any master

我绝不在任何权威面前发抖,

nor bend to any threat.

也绝不为任何恐吓所屈服。

It is my heritage to stand erect, proud, and unafraid;

我的天性是挺胸直立,骄傲,且无所畏惧。

to think and act for myself;

我要自由的思考和行动。

to enjoy the benefit of my creations;

我要纵情于我的创造的价值。

and to face the world boldly

我要光荣的面对世界,

and say:

我要呐喊:

"This, with God's help, I have done."

“在上苍的庇佑下,我,做到了!”

All this is what it means

而这一切都意味着,

To be an Entrepreneur.

我是一个真正的开拓者。

你可能感兴趣的:(读书笔记)